• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle entries in "Top 100" Chinese restaurants

I've had the "pleasure" of delivering a couple wedding cakes to the China Harbor. Once I got

past the terrible smell emanating from the front entrance of the place, it didn't get much

better after that. Never ate there, but after seeing it, I don't want to. :unsure:

Don't forget the China Sun Buffet in Port Orchard as our other local representative... :blink:

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

What? No Jimmy Woo's Jade Pagoda? :)

They'd win hands down in the Strong Drink and Retro Tiki Bar Snack categories. I seem to remember some sort of weenies/sweet-and-sour sauce abomination on their menu.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

This reminds me of the usually reliable Chili Pepper Magazine listing Azteca as the best Mexican food in the state of Washington.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons