• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A la di Stasio--sunday ch 17 at 17h

gus_tatory

For a long time now, I've been watching "A la di Stasio", the cooking show on channel 17 on sunday nights at 17h. (i'm pretty sure it's also on friday nights at 21h.)

The only comments i've ever heard on di Stasio from eGullet was that her pacing was "slow", and i absolutely agree. however, she's had some quite awesome shows: she's hosted Martin Picard (au pied du cochon), Mehti from reservoir, the guy from Cluny ArtBar (can't remember his name), and a whole other bunch of montreal/quebec luminaries.

there is an "A la di Stasio" cookbook out now. Has anyone seen it, and would you buy it?

do you enjoy this show? to me, it feels like Saturday Night Live, in that there are both astonishingly great and at the same time more monotonous episodes. Last week was Ian Perreault from Area (he was great), but i don't know who's on this week.

i have no conflict of interest with channel 17 (i know no one there), but since theoretically, as public tv, this is paid for with your tax dollars, would you keep funding this show? (i would.)

who would you like to see on her show?

comments, questions?

:biggrin:

gus

edit to add URL for show recipes: they have a great recipe for "pho"/soupe tonkinoise:

URL for the A la di Stasio cooking show...

Edited by gus_tatory (log)

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

as long as we're dreaming, i'd love (i mean, love) to see Dave McMillan on her show... i'm sure they'd get along like gangbusters and he'd totally rock the house on that show...

but this is all conjecture... :raz::wub:

--Isak Dinesen

For a long time now, I've been watching "A la di Stasio", the cooking show on channel 17 on sunday nights at 17h. (i'm pretty sure it's also on friday nights at 21h.)

Yes, its main airing is Friday nights at 9pm(or 21h). Then the episode is repeated several times(secondary main airing is Sundays at 5pm(or 17h)).

-Steve

Edited by SteveW (log)

DiStasio. Great show. Josee DiStasio has a genuine love for food and everything related.

I'd love to see Carl Witchell on the show again. I believe he's a professor at John Abbott College. He was on the show a couple of seasons ago. He was great. He did a segment on hot peppers. Fascinating. And it was nice to see an anglophone food guy on a french-language television show.

Love the show, but I am getting sick of the in and out of focus thing.

Marc-André

Marc-André Cyr

Boulanger

• 1 year later...

i'm bumping this thread to see if anyone knows when the new season of "A La di Stasio" starts?

a cursory look at the website for the show ( http://www.telequebec.tv/aladistasio/ ) doesn't have any info, other than "episodes en rediffusion"... <repeats>

i also just noticed in passing that since i started this topic, a looong time ago, she's also released a 2-DVD set that sold well, a new book, and has been on the cover of various Quebec mags!

--Isak Dinesen