• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! The most important meal of the day (2004-2011)

percyn

• 3 weeks later...

Bruce – we love that stilton and I’ve never thought to have it for breakfast, but how lovely it would be crumbled on a crusty baguette!

percyn – gorgeous eggs and I really want some of that hash!

A random breakfast that I made last week when Mr. Kim and I were both off work:

med_gallery_3331_117_43148.jpg

toast, grapefruit and almost soft boiled eggs – I have them nearly right after working on them forever!

Thanks Kim! Those soft boiled eggs look good and are one of my favorite. Simple and tasty.

Breakfasts from a couple days this week:

Scrambled Eggs w/Smoked Gouda

CIMG7594-1024.jpg

Egg w/spiced Spinach - A take on an Indian dish made from fenugreek leaves, but this was a way to use up some left over Indian Spinach w/Lamb.

CIMG7612-1024.jpg

CIMG7613-1024.jpg

percyn - lobster for breakfast! What a way to start the year! THAT is luxury!

Breakfast this morning:

med_gallery_3331_117_179612.jpg

fried eggs, leftover ham from yesterday’s dinner and little puff pastry/bacon/cream cheese things that I did for NYE

Kim, would those be the "Quick and Cheesy Cocktail Swirls" from your cookbook? If not, what? :wub: TIA!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

percyn - lobster for breakfast! What a way to start the year! THAT is luxury!

Breakfast this morning:

fried eggs, leftover ham from yesterday’s dinner and little puff pastry/bacon/cream cheese things that I did for NYE

Kim, that Ham, Egg and Bacon Puff Pastry looks mighty fine to me :wub:

Edited by percyn (log)

lionessHere's the bread machine brioche recipe. Hope you like it! Was the “made or bought” question for me? If so, made or bought what?

judiu – yep, that’s them. Except I made them with puff pasty this time – the flavor is better and puff pastry is a lot easier to handle than those whomp biscuit Crescent things!

percyn – thank you, sir! Your breakfasts always look wonderful, so that is a truly appreciated compliment!

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite breakfast:

DSCF0013.jpg

Bacon and tomato toast sandwich (shown open for clarity). Good green bacon, fresh tomato, fresh bread (breadmaker white in this case) toasted and buttered while hot. Accompanied by breakfast tea. Perfect.

In this case, followed by some more buttered toast with home-made tawny natsumikan marmalade served on the same plate (and of course more tea):

DSCF0016.JPG

- all enjoyed beneath Japan's beautiful winter morning sunshine.

Edited by Blether (log)

QUIET!  People are trying to pontificate.

My favourite breakfast:

DSCF0013.jpg

Bacon and tomato toast sandwich (shown open for clarity). Good green bacon, fresh tomato, fresh bread (breadmaker white in this case) toasted and buttered while hot. Accompanied by breakfast tea. Perfect.

In this case, followed by some more buttered toast with home-made tawny natsumikan marmalade served on the same plate (and of course more tea):

DSCF0016.JPG

- all enjoyed beneath Japan's beautiful winter morning sunshine.

DELICIOUS LOOKING AND SOUNDING !!!

edited for grammar & spelling. I do it 95% of my posts so I'll state it here. :)

"I have never developed indigestion from eating my words."-- Winston Churchill

Talk doesn't cook rice. ~ Chinese Proverb