• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! The most important meal of the day (2004-2011)

percyn

I saw Denny's new commercial earlier today.

They just introduced "Bread Pudding French Toast" -- Gee, I wonder where they got the idea...

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Spent the week in Las Vegas and although I did not cook these, I had great breakfasts at Thomas Keller's Bouchon.

Quiche Florentine

207-800.jpg

Steak Gratin - the whole eggs in the gratin were perfectly cooked with a soft yolk.

212-800.jpg

Banana Walnut Muffin

238-800.jpg

Yogurt Parfait

241-800.jpg

Corned Beef Hash with Poached Eggs

243-800.jpg

245-800.jpg

Pomme Frites

247-800.jpg

Boudin Blanc and Scrambled Eggs - Eggs were just a touch too tight for my taste

344-800.jpg

Chicken & Waffles - Keller's famous dish with savory chive waffles and the most succulent roast chicken I have ever had.

342-800.jpg

Of course there were numerous stops at the Bouchon bakery throughout the stay for some goodies such as:

Almond Croissant

236-800.jpg

Macaroons

235-800.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Peach crisp made with my good friend Marco's harvested-yesterday Guaytambo and Melocoton peaches from his orchard, and my own vanilla ice cream. Le drool.

PeachCrisp.jpg

Who says I can't eat dessert at breakfast?!?!? :biggrin:

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)

Very nice robirdstx. Reminds me of an Indian version of eggs with tomatoes, onion and spices.

Thanks, percyn. What spices do you use in your Indian version? I think I would like that. Sometimes, I have the egg with pico de gallo.

Usually tumeric, cumin, garlic, ginger and some onion. Some add cilantro leaves and ground coriander seeds as well.

Trying to use up Smoked spiral ham from Christmas.

112-1200.jpg

Very nice robirdstx. Reminds me of an Indian version of eggs with tomatoes, onion and spices.

Thanks, percyn. What spices do you use in your Indian version? I think I would like that. Sometimes, I have the egg with pico de gallo.

Usually tumeric, cumin, garlic, ginger and some onion. Some add cilantro leaves and ground coriander seeds as well.

Thank you, percyn. I will give it a try soon as I already have all of the spices on hand.

• 8 months later...