• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! The most important meal of the day (2004-2011)

percyn

I made a cream cheese and smoked salmon omelet. It was very good, as things made with cream cheese and smoked salmon tend to be.

Edited by Lori in PA (log)

~ Lori in PA

My blog: http://inmykitcheninmylife.blogspot.com/

My egullet blog: http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=89647&hl=

"Cooking is not a chore, it is a joy."

- Julia Child

Today I made

Shitake scrambled eggs with maple sausage - In case you are wondering, the stripes on the sausage are because I heated it in the panini press...hey gotta try it.

gallery_21049_162_1172.jpg

You're really trying to get your money's worth out of that panini press, aren't you, Percy? :biggrin: I still couldn't bring myself to follow you in cooking my French toast in the press. Somehow the idea of sqishing it flat instead of getting it soft and puffy seems wrong...

^Don't worry. Sometimes all 3 of my meals are desserts. My snacks, too. And I'm still alive.  :wink:

Ah, I wish, I wish! I'd be 300 pounds by now if I did that :sad::smile:.

^There was the one slice that I plated nicely for the camera. (It was a "normal" sized slice.) Then there was the other slice I ate standing at the kitchen counter...I'm running a taste test for the different cocoas I used in the cake, you know. I HAVE TO MAKE SURE!!! :wink:

Mmm, breakfast (chew, chew).

French toast made with one of my odd little loaves of bread. Lots of Mexican vanilla, yay! but the crumb of the loaf is so dense that the egg didn't soak all the way in...oh, well. Nothing fried in butter and then finished with more butter and maple syrup could be all bad! :biggrin: and a nice big allongé espresso with milk.

PA290002.jpg

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

gallery_13038_1949_215205.jpg

gallery_13038_1949_138995.jpg

A late brunch... Each of us was hungry for something different. Russ cooked scrambled eggs for himself and I toasted an Eggo Waffle and included some of the apples I cooked yesterday on top.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

You're really trying to get your money's worth out of that panini press, aren't you, Percy? :biggrin: I still couldn't bring myself to follow you in cooking my French toast in the press. Somehow the idea of sqishing it flat instead of getting it soft and puffy seems wrong...

Absolutely....I love how well it transfers the heat to things in the press. As for the French toast, it gives a nice visual appeal and texture while really not compressing the toasts too much.

For breakfast yesterday, I made fried eggs with apple maple sausage. The maple infuses a sweet flavor which signifies breakfast (at least for me).

gallery_21049_162_30061.jpg

Beautiful! And yummy looking, too.

Crooked view food photos seem to be in stlyle right now... I'll have to give that a try with my new camera. :smile: Nice work, Yetty!

Percy, I was unable to find suitable and appropriate wording to compliment the arrangement of the sausage and egg in your most recent breakfast photo.

:wink:

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Thanks, Susan. Oh ya ya ya, I read about your new toy... have lots of fun with it! Looking forward to even more exquisite photos from you! I'm thinking about getting an SLR, too.

What'd you have for breakfast?

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

Thank you, Michael....the blueberries came from...... a can! Gasp gasp shock! :shock: No fresh or frozen to be found near 'round these parts. They're S&W brand out of San Francisco, CA.

Will you still respect me in the morning? :blink:

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

Thank you, Michael....the blueberries came from...... a  can! Gasp gasp shock!  :shock: No fresh or frozen to be found near 'round these parts.  They're S&W brand out of San Francisco, CA.

Will you still respect me in the morning?  :blink:

:laugh:

Just because they're in a can doesn't mean they weren't good. Canned tomatoes can be really excellent in tomato sauces for pasta and so forth.

Michael aka "Pan"

oooh, naughty girl. That looks so good it hurts.

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren