• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thank you

I'm not sure how much longer you will be on this Q & A, but I want to thank you in advance for your participation. These Q & A's are one of the greatest features of eGullet, and yours has been exceptional. I know I will be referring to this one frequently.

Although I did not have a chance to bake bread this week, I have read the first part of BBA. The copy I have is from the library, and I have already ordered a copy of it, as well as American Pie. They can't arrive soon enough, so that I can splatter and make notes to my heart's content.

Thanks again, Peter. Once you've written your BBQ book, I hope you'll be back!

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

I could foresee a multitude of dittos here. Nevertheless, Peter, thank you for spending time with us this week. I look forward to putting much of your fine advice to the test, and expanding my reading and kitchen arts through your books.

Judith Love

North of the 30th parallel

One woman very courteously approached me in a grocery store, saying, "Excuse me, but I must ask why you've brought your dog into the store." I told her that Grace is a service dog.... "Excuse me, but you told me that your dog is allowed in the store because she's a service dog. Is she Army or Navy?" Terry Thistlewaite

I could foresee a multitude of dittos here. Nevertheless, Peter, thank you for spending time with us this week. I look forward to putting much of your fine advice to the test, and expanding my reading and kitchen arts through your books.

Thank you all--it's been a wonderful week and I'm honored to be part of the eGullet family. I'm not sure how the drawing for books is handled but I imagine our group leader will let us know so I can arrange to have them sent. Don't forget to send me updates on some of the tips and techniques we've discussed. My email is peter.reinhart@jwu.edu. May your bread always rise!

Let me add my personal thanks to you, Peter, as well as the "official" thank you from eGullet's staff and management. This was a fabulous Q&A. We'll draw the names of the book winners and post them soon.

Thanks, Peter! Your passion for bread (and 'cue) comes through in every sentence. It's been an inspiring week.

"I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast;

but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast!"

Peter,

I can't tell you what a pleasant surprise it was to finish my 3rd reading (in a row!) of your book American Pie, only to see that you'd be hosting a Q&A the next week. Thank you for so thoroughly answering all the questions. I hope you'll stick around as a member and regular participant, there is always room for another food lover.

Hal