• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cardamom flavored evaporated milk

Monica Bhide

I had guests over today and prepared "unflavored" coffee with this milk and it was nothing short of delightful. I thought the flavors might be overwhelming but they were not.. very gentle and very soothing. Way to go Carnation Nestle.

very nice. highly recommended for coffee

(I had only one can and its gone.. I will go buy some more and see what happens with tea and rice pudding)

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

I had guests over today and prepared "unflavored" coffee with this milk and it was nothing short of delightful. I thought the flavors might be overwhelming but they were not.. very gentle and very soothing. Way to go Carnation Nestle.

very nice. highly recommended for coffee

(I had only one can and its gone.. I will go buy some more and see what happens with tea and rice pudding)

Monica,

Which Indian store did you buy it at? It sounds great.

Edward Hamann

Cooking Teacher

Indian Cooking

edhamann@hotmail.com

All World Groceries - Maple avenue -- opposite Amma in Vienna

Terminally jealous 20 miles to anywhere here, add another 30 to nearest indian grocer... So much for picking up last minute things... sigh....

Monica, did you never come across these in Bahrain? I think it's Nestle who do a variety of flavoured evaporated milks including cardamom - it's widely available in the Middle East. I suppose it's mostly meant to be used in tea/coffee as opposed to desserts since it comes in small cans and I've seen many people use it as such. I'm not a tea/coffee drinker, so I can't say much about the taste.