• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Reservoir

food_dwarf

Mehdi Brunet-Benkritli

he did an episode of "a la distasio" (cooking show, channel 17, sunday at 17h) with Josee Di Stasio last season, and not only was he creative and full of tasty, fresh ideas, but he seemed like a really nice guy.

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

• 3 weeks later...
Gus_tatory,

Have you been there recently? I was there in March, and had a great time...

Both the food and brews were good.

But I haven't been there recently, has anything changed??

in my humble opinion, it's as good as ever, if not better. the keys are the food, the brews (as you said), and the crowd, and none of that has changed. thank goodness. :smile:

PS: just in passing, non-related, i had the venison tartare at au pied du cochon with a friend last night--it's our "boy's night out" meal--and that too was as great as ever. service a little lacklustre, but 100% otherwise. :wub:

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

• 1 month later...

I had lunch there on Friday and Breaky on Sunday. I tell you, even if my head was still in the clouds on Sunday morning, that food was just amazing. The fried black beans, the eggs, the big bacon and the dark sauce, hello ! What a great little spot.

Went there twice in the past week - GREAT PLACE. First time in a long time that I've felt comfortable and welcome in a bar. Cool place to just hang out and talk, good music and great food.

I'll definitely frequent this place more often.