• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cool Hand Luke's

Well the people who had CHL's opened... a place on Madison just down from Harvest Vine. Can't remember the name, sorry. Don't even know if its still open or not. I think it was right next door to Chinoise. I'd eaten there a couple of times, early on. Different menu.

M, who still misses those goddam cinnamon rolls.

Born Free, Now Expensive

Well the people who had CHL's opened... a place on Madison just down from Harvest Vine. Can't remember the name, sorry. Don't even know if its still open or not. I think it was right next door to Chinoise.

Hmm... the place next to Chinoise is Voila! these days; before that it was Gitano, and apparently was Gypsy previously.

~A

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

Haven't tried the rolls but I really miss the Portuguese sausage fried rice...

Back in another thread that I can't find, someone claimed that the Imperial Mix-Up at St. Clouds is the spiritual inheritor of this CHL dish. It's made with "rice, scallions, eggs, & ginger, with Portuguese sausage, all mixed up together, $7.25"

Still can't bring myself to order it as breakfast, though. :smile:

~A

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

Mmmmm....the Imperial Mix Up....reminds me of the fried rice that Dad would make for breakfast on the weekends that he had us....Man, that was GOOD!!! :biggrin:

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com