• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant help in High Bridge - Clinton Area

CiriloE

Can you recommend a good restaurant other than the Ryland Inn in this area? I may be going in this neighborhood 2x a week for the next few months and want to try something other than diner food.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cirilo

"There is something uncanny in the noiseless rush of the cyclist, as he comes into view, passes by, and disappears."

Popular Science, 1891

Try the Tewksbury Inn in Oldwick - on the main road (Route 517)

Herbie

Can you recommend a good restaurant other than the Ryland Inn in this area? I may be going in this neighborhood 2x a week for the next few months and want to try something other than diner food.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cirilo

Top flight dining to be had at the Frenchtown Inn, Frenchtown NJ right on the Delaware.  A very picturesque downtown as well.  They also have an area called the "Grill Room" with food pricing that's a bit easier on the wallet. 

Frenchtown Inn Web Site

Thank you for your response. I will go to Ixora and give a report when I do. Oldwich and Frenchtown are a little out of the way.

Cirilo

"There is something uncanny in the noiseless rush of the cyclist, as he comes into view, passes by, and disappears."

Popular Science, 1891

Here are a few places to try in the Clinton area, all are located within a few blocks of each other.

Tomato Cafe, 17 Main St. Clinton 908-238-1922. Great Italian food, Have eaten here many times, never a bad meal. Good service, fantastic bread with oil and pesto, is to die for. Small place perhaps 25 tables, so get in early or you will have to wait, it is worth it. Walk around downtown Clinton, very nice place to spend time waiting for your table.

The Clinton House, 2 West Main St. 730-9300 http://www.theclintonhouse.com in the same area, is also good, wife has eaten here, but I have not.

We also like Blue Cactus Southwest Kitchen, 908-735-2244, 1 Route 22, Clinton, if you like Texmex you will like this place. We have eaten here several times and have gotten take out too.