• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Hope/Lambertville Rest Rec's

wkl

I'm pretty unfamiliar with New Hope/Lambertville dining options and would appreciate advice for a 40th birthday dinner.

I'm thinking of The Inn at Phillips Mill or Manon.However,the only reviews I can find (philly.com,etc) are a little dated.I 'm looking for something quiet and romantic, possibly byo but not necessary.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Ate at The Inn at Phillips Mill last week, drippingly romantic, and astonishingly inexpensive. Classic dishes, like Crab Louis salad (outstanding) and Coquilles St Jacques (very good) were a nice break from trendenista food. Ask for a table upstairs or on the enclosed patio, but really, every table is beautiful. Manon in Lambertville is also, to me, very very romantic and small and gently Gallic, with very good food.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Seconding the Hamilton's Grill Room suggestion. I *love* this place. Especially now that the weather's turning colder, I highly recommend asking to be seated in the front room, which is where the grill is. It's fun to watch the chef prepare the fish and meats there, and the open flame makes it especially cozy. Oh, and the food is marvelous, too. :wink:

Edited by MysticMilt (log)

The Inn at the Hawke, in lambertville, is a nice option for lodging, and an above average bar and casual dining spot downstairs. the lambertville House is very lovely as well, and Chimney brook Farm is great, too. I have had guests recently stay in all three places, no complaints, lambertville house is more traditional hotel-y. ..I live in lambertville. I'm not as big a fan of Mignon..No 9 is better. Marsha browns in NH is funky and fun, food just average plus, a bit expensive for what they serve, and they have a private room for a small group, if that applies. go for drinks. La Bonne Auberge in NH is wonderfully romantic, and a short drive away you have the Stockton and Sargeantsville Inns. I was always a fan of Hamilton grill, but have recently had a few misses ..mostly from their summer menu, and I was at the Boathouse next door this week,the fall offerrring look like they are back on track.