• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jimmy's Food Store (Dallas) Burns Down

Kevin72

Saw on the news this morning that Jimmy's Food Store has burned down. Jimmy's was a family-owned Italian Deli/Convenience store on Fitzhugh and Bryan streets near downtown Dallas. Lots of imported goods, and a remarkable wine selection, broken down by regions in Italy.

What a loss: my wife and I would shop there at Christmas for their nougats, in fact we were just talking about when we would go this year.

• 4 months later...

The Dallas Morning News reported a couple or so weeks ago that they will open in the same location in about 5 months. I haven't yet visited them at their temporary place in the Quadrangle and probably won't. Can't wait until they come back to East Dallas.

Edited by Celine (log)