• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gouramanda

Soupish, anyone?

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a recipe for the Portuguese stew/soup called Soupish? All I remember is alot of beef, simmer for hours and add mint at the end.

Thank you from me as well, Swisskaese! I think I wore out my Google key looking for Soupish! (thought it was something one does in their soup!) :laugh:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Thank you from me as well, Swisskaese! I think I wore out my Google key looking for Soupish! (thought it was something one does in their soup!) :laugh:

I was also thinking the same thing!!! Luckily, I know some Portuguese and figured it out. Sopas is pronounced "Sopash", which I guess sounds a little like Soupish. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by Swisskaese (log)

:hmmm:

Most unfamiliar.

I wonder who invented that recipe! :unsure::smile:

Chloe

North Portugal

Aha! I see from my cookery books that it's Sopa do Espírito Santo from the Azores. Which explains why it looks so very unfamiliar!

Actually a lot of the "mystery" Portuguese recipes in North America and Hawaii are from the Azores, so I should have guessed!

Chloe

North Portugal

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0