• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Places in KL to Eat Cakes and Desserts

I'm planning a weekend in KL to eat desserts, and would like to request for recommendations. It's a Dessert-Only-Diet for me during this weekend. :biggrin:

To help narrow down the choices, I'm planning only to eat western desserts like cakes, tarts and pies for this trip.

Thanks!

I'm not a very 'KL' person, more of a PJ one. And I don't really eat cakes in restaurants unless they are real good, coz I make my own cakes most of the time. Aside from hotel bakeries, I'd recommend Suchan Deli. I believe they've a branch at Suria KLCC. Their tiramisu is DA BOMB.

TPcal!

Food Pix (plus others)

Please take pictures of all the food you get to try (and if you can, the food at the next tables)............................Dejah

I'm planning a weekend in KL to eat desserts, and would like to request for recommendations. It's a Dessert-Only-Diet for me during this weekend.  :biggrin:

To help narrow down the choices, I'm planning only to eat western desserts like cakes, tarts and pies for this trip.

Thanks!

WHY WASTE MONEY??

:angry:

"Coffee and cigarettes... the breakfast of champions!"

• 2 weeks later...

Well well,

The tiramisu at Alexis' is DIVINE.

The cakes from L'Opera (the owner is Japanese) is also very very good but also pretty expensive (approx RM8 per slice and it's about half the size of Secret Recipe cakes). I'm a huge fan of Japanese cakes (light , fresh cream etc.). I think there's a branch in Bangsar Village and possibly also in Ikano.

And according to certain quaters, the chocolate cake at Ms . Read's DELIcious cafe in One Utama is the best chocolate cake in Malaysia. I have yet to try it

I tried some cakes at L'Opera at Ikano about 2-3 months ago. They were too dry and unimpressive. Won't be going back.

I agree about the tiramisu at Alexis though. I hear Suchan makes it for them.

Update

Went to Suchan last night for dessert since I haven't been there for a while. Yikes, they've changed their tiramisu recipe. The new version is more moist (I think overly so) and makes the slice not as tall as it used to be. Not enough mascarpone and coffee/rum. I prefer the old version.