• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Please welcome Wine Forum cohost, Rebel Rose

Brad Ballinger

Announcing Wine Forum Cohost Mary Baker (Rebel Rose, formerly known as DoverCanyon)

With Craig Camp's departure, there is a need to fill some pretty large shoes. I haven't seen Mary's feet, but I've certainly read and benefited from her contributions to the Wine Forum as an eGullet member. Mary's knowledge as an industry insider will continue to be extremely valuable to the eGullet members who check this forum first as well as those to stumble in.

Mary Baker is the administrative partner of Dover Canyon Winery, a small artisanal producer in Paso Robles, California. She has taught college-sponsored courses in wine appreciation, and frequently speaks on wine appreciation and food-and-wine pairing. Thirteen years in wine hospitality and winery business management include stints as the first tasting room manager for Wild Horse Winery, and later the business manager for Justin Winery. As one of the original moderators on AOL's Food and Drink Network, Mary hosted monthly online winemaker chats. From 2002 to 2004 she served as a director on the board of the local vintners' association, representing the Paso Robles appellation, entertaining international visitors, and speaking at local wine festivals and seminars. She was also chairman of the 2004 Paso Robles Zinfandel Festival, an annual wine festival featuring a grand tasting, live and silent auctions, press events, artist receptions, and open house events at over 80 wineries. In her spare time she writes and plants vegetables and flowers, many of which promptly die. She is the author of "Fresh From Dover Canyon: Easy Elegant Recipes from Dover Canyon Winery." Mary lives in a lovely 1921 farmhouse at Dover Canyon Winery with winemaker "Dover Dan" Panico, their two-year-old springer spaniel, Rebel Rose, and assorted cats and wildlife.

Please join me in welcoming Mary as Wine Forum Cohost.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero

Congratulations Dover, I mean Rebel, errr Miss Rose!?

Glad to see that we're still going to be in good hands on the wine forum!

Cheers!

Forget the house, forget the children. I want custody of the red and access to the port once a month.

KEVIN CHILDS.

Doesn't play well with others.

Thank you, Brad and Arielle. I am honored to be included in the eGullet team! My feet are size 5, so I can never hope to fill Craig's shoes, but I know I can fill mine perfectly. (Fortunately, we will still have Craig around to keep us "on our toes." ) My primary goal is to help new and returning visitors feel as comfortable in our forum as I felt when I first stumbled in. So, let's have fun!

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

Yay Mary! Hooray! Looking forward to your adding some of your astute observations to the forum on a more frequent basis. Always love to read your posts and hale a hearty welcome to the inner sanctum of Forum Hosts.

Don't forget to get your yogurt.... :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Congratulations Mary!

Can not think of a better choice.

Cheers,

Rob

"When I lived in Paris, and champagne was relatively cheap, I always enjoyed a half-bottle in the middle of the morning and another half-bottle at six or so in the evening. It did me a tremendous amount of good." - Gerald Hamilton.

Welcome and keep up the fine articles and attitude.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...