• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eggs Benedict Fans

The best traditional benedict I ever had was at the Bel Air Hotel in LA. Had one at the Kenwood Inn in Kenwood, Ca that was fabulous too.

The most nontraditional one was the veggie benedict they do at the Inner Garden Cafe in Glen Ellen, CA.

The best traditional benedict I ever had was at the Bel Air Hotel in LA. Had one at the Kenwood Inn in Kenwood, Ca that was fabulous too.

The most nontraditional one was the veggie benedict they do at the Inner Garden Cafe in Glen Ellen, CA.

Kind of a haul from Seattle on a Sunday morning, but hey...

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

Have you tried Wild Mountain Cafe?

Ooo, where's that?

I agree, Boat St Cafe had a lovely Benedict. They had several on their menu, no? And then there's the long lost Illiterati. They did an eggs florentine with lemon hollendaise that was a knock-out.

I'll have to try Glo's. Never been there. Never been to Kingfish for breakfast either. dang.

Born Free, Now Expensive

I have not tried Wild Mountain Cafe yet. But after looking at the site, my interest is piqued. This sounds interesting (I love French Toast): "Persian Sun ~ Tahini-stuffed French toast topped with chopped fresh pineapple and a lemon-honey drizzle, and served with a side of ham."

Definitely Glo's. Haven't been there in a while though.

It seems like most any restaurant in BC. I've visited quite a few smaller holes in the wall in Vancouver/Victoria, and have had some of the best eggs benedict. I think it's their national breakfast.

"Live every moment as if your hair were on fire" Zen Proverb

Definitely Glo's.  Haven't been there in a while though. 

It seems like most any restaurant in BC.  I've visited quite a few smaller holes in the wall in Vancouver/Victoria, and have had some of the best eggs benedict.  I think it's their national breakfast.

Hey, which places in BC? My husband and I go fairly often, and were actually just there two weekends ago. I had eggs benedict at Feenie's, and it was awesome.

Okay, I don't remember much about the eggs benedict, because the frites were just so darn good. But I'm sure it was great :rolleyes:.

Edited by skyflyer3 (log)

Boy, It seems like most every restaurant that serves breakfast in BC has EB on their menue. I really don't have a favorite, but I do know that the eggs benedict up in BC were consistently better than most in Seattle. Milestones has a decent eggs benedict, and there is a restaurant by Stanley park called the Boathouse that has a good brunch EB. Some friends took me to a place close to Wo-Ming (great kitchen shop with great prices by the way) that had some good benedicts as well.

From what my friends tell me, the B&B's up in BC actually offer some of the best eggs benedict.

If you're in Victoria, John's place has great eggs benedict. I wasn't too impressed with their dinner ,but I'm sure it is because the large group I was with put a lot of stress on the kitchen staff.

Boy, It seems like most every restaurant that serves breakfast in BC has EB on their menue.  I really don't have a favorite, but I do know that the eggs benedict up in BC were consistently better than most in Seattle.  Milestones has a decent eggs benedict, and there is a restaurant by Stanley park called the Boathouse that has a good brunch EB.  Some friends took me to a place close to Wo-Ming (great kitchen shop with great prices by the way) that had some good benedicts as well. 

From what my friends tell me, the B&B's up in BC actually offer some of the best eggs benedict.   

If you're in Victoria, John's place has great eggs benedict.  I wasn't too impressed with their dinner ,but I'm sure it is because the large group I was with put a lot of stress on the kitchen staff.

Awesome rec's dougery .. add to that list Sophie's in Kits and Big C on Main.

One more thing ... we call it "eggs benny". Must be because of all that BC bu .... errrr ... fresh air I guess :shock:

A.

Sophie's in Kits and Big C on Main

Never been to either. I'll have to make sure I hit these next time I'm up there!

Thanks for the recommendations on the "benny's" (I've got to practice my Canadianese)

It seems my wife's family is sold on a place called the "Sun Break Cafe" in Auburn. I haven't been there myself but everyone is saying they have a great eb.

I like the ones at Lowell's in Pike Place Market (both "NW style" with smoked salmon and the originals), though suspect that's more for reason of their being an olde tyme institution than anything else.

Pat

"I... like... FOOD!" -Red Valkyrie, Gauntlet Legends-