• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining sugestions around Dana Point

nhconner

I will be staying in Dana Point for close to a week and have never been in that area before, always LA and San Diego. I would love some dinner sugestions and also an openion on a not to be missed spot for my wifes 30th bday, with money not an object, and a great wine list with great french/german/austrian choices.

Aqua is in our hotel, so we will try that, but let me know of any other gems. We would go as far as Laguna Beach.

Nate

Nate, please give us some more input on what sort of food/atmosphere you'd like. There is great potential in 3 directions from Dana Point. Will you have a car? Can you get out for lunches? When will you be here? Are there any types of foods that are off-limits? I need to know how quickly to rush in posting suggestions. And also, if you're interested in getting together with some fellow eGulleteers, that might be possible! :smile:

Deb

Liberty, MO

I've heard from several friends who live in the area that the restaurant at the Four Seasons Laguna Niguel is excellent.

If you want Italian food, Luciana's is very nice and Mario's By The Sea is good too.

If you head a little North to Laguna Beach, you can eat at the buzz-creating Hush. Every review I've read has been full of adoration, though I have yet to stop by myself. I hear the Veal Porterhouse with Foie gras whipped potatoes, blackberry verjus vinaigrette is the ultimate in indulgence.

R. Jason Coulston

jason@popcling.com

I had a meal at Five Feet over 3 years ago that my husband and I still talk about. It's Asian based, very creative, not cheap as I recall, but wonderful! I'd go back in a heartbeat!!

Have a great trip.