• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Any comments on Sea Wynde Rum

Dan Smith

Greetings,

Any one try Sea Wynde Rum?  I've seen this rum in a few stores in the US.  It looks like a good Premium rum.  It retails for around $29.99 USD.  Have any of you tried this rum?  If so, is it good?  What is it similar to?

Also, has anyone tried Diplomatico Reserva?  I’ve also been seeing this one around in a few US shops.  Ed gives it a high praise in his favorite rum listings under Venezuela.  Any of you try this one?  Comments?  It's going for $26.99 here in Tulsa, OK.  I've seen it for as high as $39.99 in other US markets so I'm pretty excited about the price here in OK.

I have one more bottle to buy before I go back home Friday.  I just picked up Appleton 21 Year Old and I'm looking for another...  Diplomatico or Sea Wynde.  Which one should it be?

Cheers

"Traveler, you who sail into the Caribbean in silvered yacht or gilded cruise ship, pause as you enter these waters to remember that deep below rest three men of honor who helped determine the history of this onetime Spanish Lake: Sir John Hawkins, builder of the English navy; Sir Francis Drake, conqueror of all known seas; Admiral Ledesma, stubborn enhancer of his king's prerogatives and the interests of his own strong family"

James A. Michener - Caribbean

I ended up getting the Diplimatico Reserva.  I'll let you all know what I think about Appleton 21 Year Old and the Diplimatico on Sunday (after my weekly Saturday night rum event).

Comments on the Sea Wynde are still welcome and appreciated.

Dan

"Traveler, you who sail into the Caribbean in silvered yacht or gilded cruise ship, pause as you enter these waters to remember that deep below rest three men of honor who helped determine the history of this onetime Spanish Lake: Sir John Hawkins, builder of the English navy; Sir Francis Drake, conqueror of all known seas; Admiral Ledesma, stubborn enhancer of his king's prerogatives and the interests of his own strong family"

James A. Michener - Caribbean

The appleton 21 I really like. I think most people do though. Like BPC Looking fwd to your comments on the Diplimatico Res. As my wife would say "sure is a pretty bottle". Tell us how it is and if it is one to pursue.

That page where the Sea Wynde was found.....did you take a look at that British Royal Navy Imperial Rum...!$$!...could anyone afford something like that?? I couldn't even afford that empty bottle! hahaha

go back and get the Sea Wynde too, one can never have to much rum. And what is your weekly Saterday night rum event??

cheers

Cj

• 1 month later...