• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TRAGABUCHES?

reuvens

There are many references to the restaurant in this forum. Rather than point to a few threads, I suggest you do a search. I was there about a year and half ago. I may have a menu from then, but in all honesty its going to be difficult to find when I have the time.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

There are many references to the restaurant in this forum. Rather than point to a few threads, I suggest you do a search. I was there about a year and half ago. I may have a menu from then, but in all honesty its going to be difficult to find when I have the time.

i know that there are dozens of restaurants especially in spain who recreate the philosophy of mr. adrias kitchen style. i read interesting stuff about anthonys in leeds and i was wondering if you have a personal favourite restaurant which might be not as well known as el bulli but is following the same path...

i know that there are dozens of restaurants especially in spain who recreate the philosophy of mr. adrias kitchen style. i read interesting stuff about anthonys in leeds and i was wondering if you have a personal favourite restaurant which might be not as well known as el bulli but is following the same path...

Interesting question, but I would have to say that those who follow Adrià best, dont follow him, but their own destination and ideas. You might get different answers if you ask who follows the same path of El Bulli and who follows his own creative path. There are many wonderful restaurants in Spain with creative cooking, but which have not yet received international recognition or three stars.

Coque, in Humanes de Madrid, just south of Madrid

Las Rejas, in Las Pedroñeras, in the middle of nowhere, well in Cuenca province

Ca'Sento, in Valencia.

Mugaritz, in Errenteria, near San Sebastian

Come to mind immediately as personal favorites, not that my experience is vast in Spain. All have one star in the current Guide Michelin, but surely deserve two, or maybe three, by the standards used in France. There are others at the at the two and three star level that are also personal favorites, but are more well known already.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

Coque, in Humanes de Madrid, just south of Madrid

Las Rejas, in Las Pedroñeras, in the middle of nowhere, well in Cuenca province

Ca'Sento, in Valencia.

Mugaritz, in Errenteria, near San Sebastian

Come to mind immediately as personal favorites, not that my experience is vast in Spain.

i will check them out as far as they might not have homepages. do you know anything outside spain? but thank you anyway so far, big help!!!

vue

Coque -- http://restaurantecoque.com/ -- is the only restaurant site I can offer from those.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

• 3 weeks later...

Had lunch at Tragabuches on Sunday. This was my second visit and I really like the place. The piglet was particularly good - really moist meat with beautifully crisp thin crackling. My starter was soft cooked eggs in soup - a sort of chicken broth with chick peas - delicious.

We got them to recommend a bottle of wine and despite gving them a budget of €40, they chose us a very good bottle of Ribero del Duero for €24.

Definitely on my "go to" list.

Had lunch at Tragabuches on Sunday.  This was my second visit and I really like the place.  The piglet was particularly good - really moist meat with beautifully crisp thin crackling.  My starter was soft cooked eggs in soup - a sort of chicken broth with chick peas - delicious.

We got them to recommend a bottle of wine and despite gving them a budget of €40, they chose us a very good bottle of Ribero del Duero for €24.

Definitely on my "go to" list.

can you post the whole menu? are they still cooking "avantgarde"?

curious,

vue