• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Port Morant Rums

Jason Perlow

I recently opened a bottle of Port Morant Blackbeard's Reserve 24 year old, truly amazing stuff, the finish is at least an hour, lots of complex flavors and it has such strong aromatics you can smell it from someone else's brandy snifter across the room. Port Morant is a Guyanese Demerara rum, they also have an 18 year old as well (๖ per bottle) which I have never tried.

Hi Time Liquors on the net sells the Port Morant Blackbeard's Reserve for 99 dollars a bottle. Which of course is nearly 3 times the cost of Ron Zacapa, but since you cant get any Ron Zacapa, well...

bottle1.jpg

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host