• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello, Ed Hamilton

• 6 months later...

The Complete Guide to Rum contains only one page on the subject, if you are only looking for information on Cuban rums, don't buy any of my books. As I've written before I have refrained from writing a lot about places I haven't researched thoroughly.

I do hope to travel there in the future and include more information in my next book, but I don't even know when that will be published, yet.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

Ed...Having bought the Complete Rum Guide in the depths of winter in Toronto,

years ago, just prior to a sail in Antigua waters...having previously bought Rums Of The

Eastern Caribbean, in St Thomas.... That one got left in the cockpit during a rain shower,

followed by carefull slow drying.....The third copy was bought in Sopers Hole and stays

home. One copy stays on the boat on Lake Ontario..One on my rum shelves and

the other by my bedside.

I am waiting the day that I hear the anouncement that you will be writing and having

a book published titled... "RUMS OF THE WESTERN CARIBBEAN".

I consider that for most readers who have bought your previous books will insist that its

about time that you started the next adventure...so quote.. "Head west young man"...

& .(There is no future in Plastic.!..belive me).

Your approach might have to be different in that you would not be able to sail to all

the different Countries and Islands, and your expenses would be greater, but once

landed your explorative adventures of getting to the distilleries should be the same....

It time for your backers /publishers to extent your expenses so that you could spend

six months exploring west of Culubra, by sea and or by land.

And for thoes who, some times questioning as to the contents of your books !

They should just go and buy a copy. For Ed has led me down various tracks and roads,

and with out always being in the West Indies, I have done quite a lot of rum exploring

with Eds books as guides. and so can keep........Rum Searching.

John Reekie

• 5 weeks later...