• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Weeknight bars

jld

Oops. I meant to put [sEA] in the subject, but I forgot.

So recently I've gotten stuck in retail hell. Yup, that's right. I'm working a retail job. The job's fun, and I really enjoy it, but working weekends has really cut down on my consumption of fine cocktails and microbrews, not to mention the fact that I haven't met any new people in near forever.

Seattle is a town with a large service industry, there must be places where people hangout for a stiff drink other than Friday and Saturday nights. Where are they?!

I live in Lower Queen Anne, so there must be something decent nearby.

Can anyone suggest someplaces?

Edited by jld (log)

going out for drinks during the week is about a MILLION times better than visiting the same places on a friday or saturday night. weekend warriors ruin all the good spots so feel lucky you have a job that lets you experience better service and better ambience.

on lower queen anne, try the mirabeau room, which is the old sorry charlie's spot. they did a good job with the room and offer a wide variety of entertainment. dunno about milk & bourbon, though.

i also love the streamline tavern. it's one of the last remaining old-timer taverns within walking distance of downtown.

lemony

The sitting room use to be great, haven't been there in a while (Roy st).

I can vouch for The Sitting Room as I go there pretty regularly. I love this place. They have great drinks and snacks in a warm and inviting space. Very french. I love it. And it's far enough off the beaten path that you don't run into Key Arena or Seattle Center crowds.

I went to The Great Nabob (which is next door to Crow) recently and they had good drinks, kind of quiet though. Maybe because it was a Monday night. Speaking of Crow....do they have a bar? That might be a fun place.

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

on lower queen anne, try the mirabeau room, which is the old sorry charlie's spot.  they did a good job with the room and offer a wide variety of entertainment.  dunno about milk & bourbon, though.

If you are up for some ridiculously over the top entertainment, go to the Mirabeau when they have big wheel bingo .. I think it's every other Tuesday or something like that.

The bars in Belltown seem to draw crowds on weeknights. Try the Rendezvous, Shorty's, The Lava Lounge, etc, if you're looking to drink in a somewhat lively space.

On a sunny weeknight, Belltown is hopping. On a rainy, miserable weeknight at this time of year, Belltown is pretty dead. When people start getting used to the rainy weather in fall and winter again, Belltown starts to liven up again.

I second all the suggestions above. I especially like the Rendezvous and Shorty's.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.