• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

E mail shopping at Clement Boutigue ?

JOHN REEKIE

Question to Ed.  Recent discussions in this forum, has found us at the web site of Rhum Clement.   Marko had found this site and passed it on to us.  With prices in French Francs and Euro's I assume this Email shop is in Europe therefore the Francs/Euros.   While the Boutigue Shop is at the 'Clement Habitation. I certainly did not try to order any rum electronicaly becausce my credit card money would have dissapeared and the bottles would never arrive in Canada.  But I do intend to fax martinique ( or Email ) to order "Images of Rhum" THe history of Rhum (french ,in French) .

Edd my question is have you seen this book in or out of Martinique. what do you think of it .

Maybe I will add it to my library and it would become my second most important book with Rum Yesterday and Today being second & Seven Dreams then being forth

John Reekie

• 4 weeks later...

My thinking that because prices were in Euros, that the boutique had to be in Europe. Yes..In some ways it is.The East coast of Martinique is France. So dont be supprised when dealing with the French West Indies or other French Islands in other oceananic waters to find they deal internationaly in Euros.  

This was just a test to see if topics were still blocked.

I'm sorry to say that I haven't seen Images of Rhum but most of the French publications that I have seen were pretty good. As for Euros, Martinique is as French as Paris. By the end of the year you won't be able to even use francs in Martinique.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.