• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Murgh ki burfi, sweet lamb rice....

rajsuman

Sunny side up is my favorite way to eat eggs..

And mine too. The whites are nice, but it's the yolks I'm mad about. Like you Geetha, my husband can't even contemplate tasting it. I guess, one man's food is another man's poison and all that... So maybe there are more people in the world than we realise who will wake up today and say,'Hmmmm..., why not make some delicious Murgh ki Burfi today and devour it all in one go' :rolleyes:

Suman

To add to my earlier post about Garlic Payasam: I attended this year's Landmark Quiz Contest here in Chennai (it's a very popular event, held on India's Independence Day each year). Anyway, in one of the rounds, the contestants were asked to name the secret ingredient in the payasam they were served. This can't have been very difficult as one of the teams answered "onion" almost immediately. I can't be sure but I think the chef said that there were some old recipes for onion and garlic payasam that had recently been unearthed. :blink: