• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 2002 Schloss Schonborn RK Rheingau

Jean Brislance

2002 Schloss Schonborn Riesling Kabinett Rheingau Erbacher Marcobrunn - A really pale light golden color. The nose is very fragrant, with citrus, peach, and floral aromas. Lots of nice fruit and a slight sweetness, with plenty of peach, pineapple, and lemon, along with some cool minerals that show up later on as the fruit begins to fade away. The acidity is quite lively, with a little bit of a refreshing prickle on the tongue. The finish is flavorful and clean. I think I found my sushi wine! This was delightful with last night’s dinner of a tuna and avocado roll, and it even held its own against a small dab of wasabi paste. I could really get into these wines. A good value at $17, too.

All the best,

Jean