• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cuban Matusalem

ELA

I think this might have some up an another thread/topic before, but I wanted to see if I could get some clarification.

The Cuban Matusalem - first, am I correct in that it was/is not an export item (meaning that it was/is not exported from Cuba? Second, I have heard some disturbing news that Matusalem is, or has already been discontinued. Any truth to this rumor? Does anybody know anything?

In addtion, someone said there is a new rum that will replace Matusalem, and that the plans might have been to put this new rum under the Bacardi label. I believe the litigation is still ongoing, but I wanted to mention it and see if anybody knows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Eric

• 2 months later...