• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ideas for tasting?

Rene

A question,

I want to do a Rum tasting in Amsterdam, and I want to try al the Rums that are available in the Netherlands. Does any of you have ideas how to do that. I don't want to "damage" my private collection to much, so I need donations of the companies.

Does any have ideas how to start such an event (its about 100/120 Rums). If I succeed you are all welcome to join. Further details will follow (if there are any details).

:raz:   :raz:   :raz:   :raz:   :raz:   :raz:

The more information, the better.

Rene van Hoven

www.Rumpages.com

Rene,

Good to hear you are progressing, I would start with contacting the importers of the rums that are available in your area. Importers have the most to gain by exposing their rums in such a tasting. Good Luck.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

Thanks for the idea, but I work in Amsterdam, and just 50 meters from the shop where I work, there is a shop called Hajenius (www/hajenius.com)

They sell the best cigars in the country, or even perhaps in western Europe (so I have been told, since i don''t smoke).

Their shop looks great Though.

The more information, the better.

Rene van Hoven

www.Rumpages.com

wow ....... Rene that sounds ambitious hope you can pull it off. If you are able 1.... let us all know about it (where and when) 2... let us all know how you did it (in detail) so other can try.

we should at-least compile a list of where (City, state and country) people live so when able we can share and have small get-to-gathers! I know profiles should have this info but sometime that missed.

I wish I was some help but that is beyond my know how

good luck

Cj

• 1 month later...

Rene,

Any further plans / news on your Rum Tasting?  

I plan on being in Amsterdam and Utrecht for the first week in May.  If your conducting it during this time I would like to partake ~ if I may.  

Do you have any suggestions on any local Rum, Cigars, or areas of interest while I am in the Netherlands?

• 4 months later...