• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ciao tutti

Craig Camp

This is a fabulous place. What an exciting experience this has been, but time moves on as they say. My current commitments with my own website and publications demand far more time than I have and that leaves precious little time for eGullet. In the face of those realities I have decided to step down as not only Wine and Italy Forum Host, but as a Site Manager. I wish to thank Jason and Steven for the privilege of serving here and everyone at eGullet for an irreplaceable experience. While I leave behind my official roles you will be sure to find me here often.

On behalf of the whole eGullet team, I'd like to extend our heartfelt thanks to Craig for his tireless service as a forum host and manager. Those of you who have seen Craig's public face on eGullet have long known of his prolific excellence, good nature, and deep knowledge, but the other half of what he has always done has gone on quietly, behind the scenes, where he has tirelessly and thanklessly worked to improve eGullet from a strategic and content-management perspective.

In addition, we wish Craig well in all his ventures and will always think of him as part of the eGullet family and a beloved alumnus. I'm sure I speak for everyone on eGullet when I say that we look forward to Craig's continued voice as a member of the eGullet Society.

On a pragmatic note, we'll be making an announcement very soon about the next generation of wine forum hosting staff, and look forward to beginning that journey.

Thanks again for everything, Craig, and we wish you all the best.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I would like to echo all of Steven's statements -- Craig, we of course are in awe and in great appreciation of all the time and effort you put into growing the Italian Food/Italy and Wine community on eG and your presence as a manager will be sorely missed. I hope that we'll still see a lot of you.

We know and realize that as with the careers of chefs having to move between restaurants, sometimes people need to move on to do other things -- and as this is a volunteer organization we fully understand one's time here is always limited and we should enjoy and appreciate those contributions while we still have them. That being said, your time here was exemplary and you contributed a great deal -- and thus we wish you luck and success with yoiur future endeavors.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I am not sure I mentioned enough of my appriciation of your posts.

Thank you very much and raising a toast to keeping up your fine efforts.

Cheers!

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.

So long, and thanks for the all fish!

Seriously... we hope you'll at least check in now and then with a thought or a comment -- a goodbye should never be for forever!

<sniff> carolyn </sniff>

Edited by Carolyn Tillie (log)

I thought something might be up. :hmmm:

I know you've been trying to beef up your other web ventures for a while now, and I wish you the best of luck. Feel free, of course, to still contribute here. A big thanks for bringing me on board.

I'll see you at vinocibo.com.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero

Wow, this is a surprise!

Craig, it's really been nice getting to know you a bit. You have been an imposing figure here and your leadership and contributions will be hard if not impossible to replace (though others will no doubt do a great job, not by filling your shoes but standing tall in theirs), so I do hope you'll continue to participate when time allows. Godspeed on all your ventures!

Michael aka "Pan"

Dear CRaig,

As a former host of the AOL wine boards(6+ years) back in the early days, I know how much time and energy it takes. Thank you for all of your informative pots.

I wish you the very best.

Phil Ward

I have never met a miserly wine lover

Ciao Craig. The thoughtful and gentlemanly way that this forum has been administered makes it a treat to visit and participate in. Thank you for all of your efforts and best wishes on the new projects. We will all miss you.