• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Appleton Rum Link

Here's the link to their site:

http://www.appletonrum.com/en/defaultFree.asp

Bought some of the less expensive (Appleton Special Jamaica Rum) Appleton for $10.99. I like it, reminds me of Pusser's Rum, without the aftertaste.  My 3d or 4th bottle in now empty.  :angry:  Now they are out.

Also bought one that was $15.99. (Appleton Estate V/X Jamaica Rum). Haven't finished the 2d bottle, but it's very good, and much smoother than the $10.99 type.  They are out of this, too. :(

Helps stretch my HC. Took me a long time to find one I really, really like, that's not Cuban, AND available locally (at least it was). ;)

"And a Fuente is only a Fuente, but a good Cigar is a Smoke." (with apologies to Rudyard Kipling)."

Even better than the V/X is the 12 year old, or Extra. Their 21 is extremely good, but very hard to get in the States, although not Zacapably so.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Yum....Appleton. The Extra is good. I don't think it if fancy or anything but a very well rounded rum. One that you do not feel like you need a special occasion to have. I reach for this sometimes when just setting around the tv at night with a cigar.

Know that 21 is wonderful. Very nice wood aromas, kinda nutty with loads of vanilla. I'm lucky this is available here in the UK. Although not cheap.......but nothing is here. It run just under fifty british pounds I think 46.00.......that is over seventy dollars. It does also mean a trip into London but then I know I can always find it there.

anyhow take it easy.

cj