• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: guajolote - g-man foodblog, the game

guajolote

after seeing my pictures i wish my camera was still broken :angry:

went to the evanst:angry:n farmer's market this morning at 6:45. i like to get there before it gets busy.

here is a pic of what i bought. good luck trying to figure out what anything is.

gallery_6641_3_1096122682.jpg

from upper left, clockwise:

spinach

watermelon

mixed baby lettuces

7 grain sourdough (bennisons bakery)

baguette

lima beans

eggs

carrots

apple cider

porcini and hen of the woods

onions

sweet yellow peppers

haricot verts

sweet corn

apples ( i bought a varietal mix)

white peaches (last of the season :sad: )

italian parsley

pattypan squash

heirloom tomatoes

not pictured are 3 chocolate croissants that were gone 10 minutes after i got home.

most of my produce i buy from nicholls farm and orchard, and also a lot from a place called Green Acres.

Edited by guajolote (log)

What fun! There were 50 replies before I realized this blog was going on! It will be an enjoyed distraction while we still have power, waiting for the current hurricane.

About Hot Sour Salty Sweet, I love the photos and the stories. :smile:

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

sorry about the delay but i had a dinner party saturday and yesterday was too nice to spend on the computer, to finish up my notes from friday i canned salsa, made snerd (dutch pea soup) - i used whole dried peas instead of splitpeas, next time i'd use split peas - and for dinner i made pasta w/ a souce of italian suasage and peppers, after the market on saturday i went to the butcher and bought a sirloin tip, chicken, oxtails, more bologna, summer sausage, ground veal, and ground chuck; after getting home i made chopped liver, horseradish (made my own for the 1st time, wow, my sinuses really cleaned out) and a summer vegetable custard (yellow peppers, pattypan squash, corn, shallots, duck eggs, mimolette cheese, and 1/2 & 1/2) for the dinner party, where i drank a lot and ate tons of good food, including pork brandade, a great salad, potato coogle, a dip that my friend named after me :smile: , various sausages and cheese, and great desserts including apple crisp, a dutch boetterkoeke, and another tasty cake; yesterday i had panfried coogle w/ a couple of fried eggs and for dinner i roasted the sirloin tio roast, made a gravy, boiled some fingerling potatoes, and had some corn which i hope isn't the last of the season, oh yeah and had a bourbon and a glass of gigondas