• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cuban rum

freddy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have an alternative, but that's another story, LOL.

Seriously, I have been looking to get my hands on some HC15 and Matusalem for quite some time now, and that may prove to be difficult as Matusalem may no longer be available.

Any help???

Eric

There are a couple of retailers in Germany that have sent rum to the states but you do risk loosing your purchase in US Customs. Another way to enjoy Cuban rum is to buy it in the Caribbean and enjoy it there. The last thing that any of us want to do is to condone violating US Customs laws even if we don't agree with the obviously politically motivated regulations.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetins Bolivar Petit Corona,

I would love to know how to get a hold of Matusalem Anejo Superior from Cuba... but your email is set to private... can you get a hold of me PLEASE?

ehfidan@hotmail.com

Thanks, Dan

"Traveler, you who sail into the Caribbean in silvered yacht or gilded cruise ship, pause as you enter these waters to remember that deep below rest three men of honor who helped determine the history of this onetime Spanish Lake: Sir John Hawkins, builder of the English navy; Sir Francis Drake, conqueror of all known seas; Admiral Ledesma, stubborn enhancer of his king's prerogatives and the interests of his own strong family"

James A. Michener - Caribbean