• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
freddy

cuban rum

Cuban rums are obviously no problem here in Germany.  They are everywhere.  The problem is, of course, getting them to you there in the U.S.  If you have a solution to that one then let me know what you want.  Cheers.

John

I have an alternative, but that's another story, LOL.

Seriously, I have been looking to get my hands on some HC15 and Matusalem for quite some time now, and that may prove to be difficult as Matusalem may no longer be available.

Any help???

Eric

Have a friend buy HC15 on their trip to Cuba, or get in touch with John, who may be able to help you.

(Edited by Bolivar Petit Corona at 2:37 pm on Jan. 29, 2002)

There are a couple of retailers in Germany that have sent rum to the states but you do risk loosing your purchase in US Customs. Another way to enjoy Cuban rum is to buy it in the Caribbean and enjoy it there. The last thing that any of us want to do is to condone violating US Customs laws even if we don't agree with the obviously politically motivated regulations.

Oh, yes, that is certainly he last thing I'd wanna do, LoL.

Ed, how many pages of info, and what type info on this subject in your book?  Thanks.

(Edited by Bolivar Petit Corona at 12:31 pm on Jan. 30, 2002)

HAllo my dear rum drinkers. Problems with rum from Cuba can be solved quickly.

I can send them to you

Ask me

machasteph@aol.com or see

http//www.macha-rum.de

Greetins Bolivar Petit Corona,

I would love to know how to get a hold of Matusalem Anejo Superior from Cuba... but your email is set to private... can you get a hold of me PLEASE?

ehfidan@hotmail.com

Thanks, Dan

Sign in to follow this