• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Frazier's in Raleigh

Zeb A

I don't have time to say much, but, last Friday, looking for someplace to go to dinner that we hadn't been recently, we called Frazier's on a lark to see when it would be opening again. Turns out that last Friday was opening night. We had an early dinner that was excellent. The restaurant's design has only slightly changed, and the menu didn't appear to be much different from it's prior incarnation, which is a good thing to me. We had a very good meal. The desserts were much more innovative than the rest of the meal and were excellent. There were some opening night jitters: computer problems, wine and beer not yet chilled, etc., but the proprieters were very gracious as always. As when we went to Frazier's in the past, we left remarking about what an enjoyable meal we had and promising to return soon.

Glad to have Frazier's back in business!

I was at Porter's a couple weeks ago and they said that Fraziers would open soon. We saw the place and it was still totally gutted, so it is amazing that they got it done so quickly. I love Frazier's and, as you say, the owners are very nice. I am sorry to hear they could not do the expansion they had planned. The "word" I heard was that they ran into insurmountable problems in adding on the space next door. I must admit, one thing I love about Fraziers is the size, so I am not so sad that they did not expand. I am sorry for the owners, though, that they did not get to do what they wanted. Thanks for letting us know that it is back open and still great!

Please tell us more about the menu items when you get a chance (or have Mrs. Zeb A write for you! :wink: ).

Quickly, I had a corn soup, which was outstanding, amberjack (with some sort of Asian noodles in a mild broth), which was ok, and "PB&J," which was pistachio butter brioche with blueberry compote and a glass of milk, which was great. My wife had a basic salad, which she liked, red snapper with summer squash, which she loved, and a trio of vanilla desserts (creme brulee, vanilla poundcake with some kind of compote and raspberry ice cream, and a cream soda float), which was also very good.

• 1 year later...

I'll report back with the details later, but after eating at Frazier's on Wednesday, I want to nominate this restaurant as one of the best dining values in the Triangle. Impeccable food, great service, and entrees starting aroung $15.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

I'll report back with the details later, but after eating at Frazier's on Wednesday, I want to nominate this restaurant as one of the best dining values in the Triangle.  Impeccable food, great service, and entrees starting aroung $15.

I'll second that. Now if only they could do something about the parking situation.

CBHall