• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Glass stovetops--like 'em?

babyluck

The glass top has 5 elements including one for warming, according to one part of the website, but only 4 according to another. 

The specs appear in the following site: 

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores...525295+10401019

Did you spot the link for the downloadable PDF of the user guide? (Look down the right side of that page.)

It says that there are 4 cooking elements and that "keep warm" (not for cooking) zone.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch ... you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

The parts list (here) and owner's manual (here) tell pretty much all you need to know.

You're right that it doesn't have an element accompanying the convection fan, but I'm not sure that's a terrible thing. Convection for household ovens is a mixed bag because the design is inherently flawed. My oven has an element attached to the fan, but I rarely use it, because rather than eliminating hot spots, it just creates its own. I find the fan much more useful when the upper and/or lower elements are on, and the fan just recirculates hot air.

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.