• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mojito Recipes

Jason Perlow

Anyone have any good simple mojito recipes, or is it a black art?

I'm thinking of having a mojito party when I get back from California..

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Ok, I'll start. This is Yahoo's entire directory listing on Mojito recipes:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Society....o

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Jason - I have a bunch of recipies. I'll dig them up and get them to you. I'll be away for about 2-3 weeks, so as soon as I get back, I'll get to work on finding them.

I just had one (actually several) at a small Cuban cafe in Hoboken, NJ. THere is a large Cuban population in various parts of Hudson COunty NJ (Jersey City, West New York, Hoboken, Union CIty, etc). This guy did it the classic traditional way. He said his grandfather taught him. Real Sugar Cane juice too. Somewhat crushed mint leaves, and I had an awesome Cuban cigar that I took from the bottom of one of my humidors. It was a Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona from 1996. An awesome evening.

Eric

• 3 months later...