• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What is Next?

You have written extensively on various facets of Italian food and artisanal production. What haven't you yet covered that is high on your list?

Thanks.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

I’m still in recovery from my book about salumi! Which is to say that a lot of other work was on hold while I finished it. Some things wouldn’t wait, such as the apples, quince, and plums (a local variety that some people call ‘coscia di monaca’, or nun’s thighs), and mowing down the olive fields (overgrown because we had tooooo much rain in the spring). Now I am up to my shoulders in figs and before long we will have the olive harvest…

gallery_8158_126_1095796818.jpg

But, back to the question….I do have a few ideas fermenting, perhaps something about canning/preserving from my Tuscan garden. Or something about the regional cheeses

Pamela Sheldon Johns

Italian Food Artisans

www.FoodArtisans.com