• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi you all

Rene

Hi you all,

I''m new in this forum, but as we say, I''m not green (not quite an amateur). I sell wine and spirits in Amsterdam, I''m writing a book about "Rum in the Netherlands", I teach wine and Whisky in Holland, I do tastings (a Wodka Tasting tomorrow) and I''m up-dating a studybook for the drinks industry in Holland. Furthermore I''m creating a Website about Rum. I want it to become a library of information and pictures. I'll keep you posted.

Finally I collect Rumbottles from all over the world. I''ve about 180 now and 75 mini''s and it is still growing.

I hope I can tribute to this forum.

The more information, the better.

Rene van Hoven

www.Rumpages.com

That's the strange thing, most of them are still sealed. Although I love to drink it, I don't drink that much, and when I drink  I try t enjoy it totally.

Perhaps I will open about 80 bottles with some Rumfanatics in Amsterdam later this year, so we can talk about the taste etc.

Anybody interested????????????

Rene

The more information, the better.

Rene van Hoven

www.Rumpages.com