• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining in Hershey

Coop

The people on this board are eager to participate when they have something to contribute.

I've heard murmers about The Hotel Hershey, but it isn't casual and I don't know enough to post a recommendation.

Perhaps you can try your positive approach on another board.

Charlie, the Main Line Mummer

We must eat; we should eat well.

Perhaps I became frustrated/"positive" because I was frustrated that no one even posted the faintest of suggestions. I feel a responsibility when people ask the same question on the Vancouver board. I geuss I thought a bit of an attitude may help get a reaction. I have heard that the people of Philly were famous for booing Santa Claus.

I geuss now there is no hope. Me and my big mouth.

Edited by Coop (log)

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

I don't think Hershey is much of a dining destination, which is probably why you haven't received any suggestions. The main reason people go there is for "Hershey". Does she have a car? Maybe you could look at a map and see how far she's willing to drive and ask about some of the other areas. I think the next "big" city is Harrisburg. If she's up for more a more substantial drive on the weekend, there are a ton of places in Philly and the surrounding suburbs...

they booed santa claus 35 years ago; we've moved on.

i just don't know anything about hershey, is all. except that the super duper looper was the first rollercoaster i was ever on.

if you want to know about most any restaurant in philadelphia west of broad street i've probably been there, though.

Scott opened the "Washington House" restaurant a few years back. I haven't been in the area to go there, but he's a very nice fellow, cute also. I would be willing to bet that he's trying his all to do me proud. The address is 245 W. Main St. Margut Annville, Pa. 17003 #717-867-2347

Carman

Carman's Country Kitchen

11th and Wharton

Philadelphia, PA