• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Appleton 21

ELA

I was just told that this rum, Appleton 21 year old, is not imported to the United States. Is this true? I thought I had seen it around. Has anyone seen it? If so, could anyone help me get a bottle or more? Maybe we can trade, or I'll just buy it? Thank you.

Eric

Appleton Extra (12yo) and Appleton 21 year old, the two rums that are above Appleton V/X, are difficult to get in the US but they ARE avaliable via mail order through some of the better internet liquor retailers.

Ed's web site has the Rum Finder where you can look up a rum and it tells you where you can buy it. I beleive Sams Wine (www.samswine.com) had Appleton 21 for 55  or 60 dollars a bottle but dont quote me on that.

I brought back 2 bottles of Extra and 2 bottles of 21 back from my last trip to Jamaica, both are really phenomenal premium rums.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

found it !!! Actually, a shop in NY that I found on the rum locator told me that it is not imported into the US. ANother rum locator shop told me it is "illegal" to have here in the US. Some nonsense about it not being an import item. I never heard such a thing. A cuban rum, of course I understand, but Appleton???

Eric

Appleton also is one of the few distillery sites that will tell you who the importer is and you can go from there, but believe me it is on the shelf at Sams in Chicago and it is legal here. I've heard more BS in this industry than in almost any other except maybe politics.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

Very true Ed - about the BS. I have found it, and as soon as I get back from my next trip, I am going to order a few bottles. I'll probably then order a case to have around.

Eric

• 1 month later...

Appleton Estate 21 Year Old. -Sighted in various locations!

It has even got to Ontario ,Canada, this last summer. This is a wonderful blenders/aging art of the rum industry. For you rum lovers in the States I found this letter re marketing & distribution, which announced that Brown-Forman Corporation is now the agents for Appletons, Coruba, and Wray & Nephew in the U.S.  For ref click   -www.findarticles.com  (follow) Food & Drink Weekly - Sept 10th,2001.  

This should help distribution and make it easier to find. Good Searching.

John Reekie  jr_rumsearching@hotmail.com