• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

going off-line

CjBohl

well well well my friend did come through .........with 3 bottles. 1 HC15 and a bottle of Varadero but the real treat was the bottle of Santiago de Cuba extra anejo annv.

It came in a charcoal black bottle, a slight curved indentation on the front and back near the base, large gold dust looking bulb top and of-course everything is wrote in spanish so I have NO IDEA what it reads across the front an back???hahaha

hey I have a ??on this aniversario bottle......I'm assuming it is the annv.45 why is the number 48 wrote in black with the number 5 wrote in red and dropped down  1/2 a line and placed half covering the 8? Is there meaning in the number 485 or is it in the numbber 48

I guess I'm just rambling on.......gotta get ready the movers come tomorrow so I'll check in after the move...6-8 weeks for household good to be shipped. That is a long time to be offline

take care all.

cj

Cj....Congratulations on your shopping spree and here is a toast to your upcoming move back to the States.

I am marking my calender for two months then to look for you back on line. Then we will all be interested in your opinions on your unpacking your boxes and its treasures. Check your Private messages before you unplug, you will find a note for you there.

Good luck with the move.

John Reekie    Rumsearching.

CjBohl,

The number 45 is in reference to the "45th  year anniversary of the revolution".  I guess it's now 48 years after and the did not reprint labels so they made "manual" adjustment...

Cheers and I'm anxious to hear back from you and your thoughts on those super premium rums.

Dan

"Traveler, you who sail into the Caribbean in silvered yacht or gilded cruise ship, pause as you enter these waters to remember that deep below rest three men of honor who helped determine the history of this onetime Spanish Lake: Sir John Hawkins, builder of the English navy; Sir Francis Drake, conqueror of all known seas; Admiral Ledesma, stubborn enhancer of his king's prerogatives and the interests of his own strong family"

James A. Michener - Caribbean