• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Truth be told: Where've you eaten lately? (Part 1)

Mooshmouse

takeout sushi at Samurai Resturant: I had the hafla orfer of hamachi and the tuna, but unfortunately the tuna wasn't as fresh as usual. Fortunately, I have a nice bf who kindly offered up his house roll and rainbow roll.

The Cactus club in North Van to see what all the hype was about. Cool bathrooms. My smokey chicken quesadilla was stuffed and non-greasy, until the ones I've eaten at the Richmond location. The pecan pie with mocha brandy wgippsed cream was actually a pecan tart--not too bad, but I've had better.

Yuji's: a night of Spam and weenies. No, jjust kidding. I'll let someone with a better memory post about what we ate. Let me just say it was f*cking fantastic and I'm going back next week! :biggrin::biggrin: I love Yuji. :wub:

Finally made number three - we've been eating at home a lot recently. O'course, not that anyone will recognise anywhere we're eating, or be able to visit - sigh.

Alpenhorn Pub & Bistro - wok squid & asian chicken wrap appetizers, strongbow (no Merridale Cider up here) for me, pale ale for j. I love their wok squid - very lightly battered, sweet chili & onion tossed with it, lots of citrus. So good.

Fireside Pub (hmm - there's a theme) - lunch special - craving for chicken strips. The strips were a bit dry, but the garlic mayonnaise made up for it. Fries excellent as usual. J had a mushroom & bacon burger that appeared excessively juicy, and stole 1/2 my garlic mayonnaise.

Blue Fin sushi - sushi hits Smithers! :biggrin::biggrin: The selection is limited, but they're friendly & good and the fish is very fresh - looking forward to halibut season for halibut sushi. J had spicy rolls, I had unagi, salmon, dynamite roll & shrimp roll - love my raw fish.

Halibut cheeks at home tonight :wub::wub:

Friday night, Rebellious Tomato pizza delivery. I am not a big fan of delivery pizza, the spectre of a grease-soaked box containing a limp piece of undercooked dough covered in a blob of melted cheese and dried out mushrooms will forever haunt me after my early twenties that I spent doing long nights of computer programming fueled only by pizza and 1.5 litre bottles of Coca Cola. I am older and wiser now and much healthier and fitter as a result :biggrin:

Anyway...I actually like the Rebellious Tomato pizzas. They surely satisfy the odd craving I get and they are well made, have a nice thin and crispy crust and home delivery sometimes can't be beat for convenience.

Last night....friends came over for babysitting duty. It was Connie's (my wife) turn to pick the restaurant and she picked En. I still love that place, a nice procession of small Japanese dishes, flash-grilled salmon, lovely little pieces of ahi, morsels of honey-ginger pork, a few bits of tasty sushi, yum. I asked our server to surprise me with a couple of glasses of premium sake. That stuff goes down very, very well and has a silent potency that hits you when you get up from your chair and wonder why you are feeling blissfully fuzzy. The one thing about En I wonder about is their menu, it has been the same for a number of years now. I guess when something ain't broke you don't fix it but still, I would love to see some new dishes to try there.

After En the night was not over. Japanese desserts don't do it for me so I had the audacious idea of wandering over to West to see if there were a couple of seats at the bar for some desserts and drinks. Fortunately there were and we were seated at the bar, re-energized by the lively room and the Martini mixing action happening in front of us. After a very decadent concoction containing white and dark chocolate liquers and some espresso I had the special dessert of the evening, some creme caramel with an Earl Grey infused dark chocolate ganache in the middle with a bit of apple crumble and some sorbet. The bartender suggested a lovely late harvest to go with it. Connie had some frozen lemon souffle with cardamom merengue and a healthy glass of Blueberry tea.

In all a perfect evening, our babysitting friends had no trouble with our little one and we spent the rest of the evening at home chatting with them.

Edited by Chocoholic (log)

Stefan Posthuma

Beer - Chocolate - Cheese

Kedah House - returned again for that yummy chili peppercorn shrimp. Started off this time with the beef satay - which was juicy and well marinated. The peanut dipping sauce has a slightly different spicing than at other places - and in a positive way! It was yummy. Also had the curry chicken noodle soup. Rich coconut curry with tender chunks of chicken and perfectly cooked noodles. A fabulous meal again. Total bill just a little over $20. Really nice family feel to the place as well.

Trafalgar's Sweet Obsessions - we had a St. Honoré and a pear slice. The St. Honoré was different than ones I've had in the past. In the past they normally have had caramel holding things together. This was more of a chocolate version. The chocolate cream filling the puffs around the edges was superb. The pastry on the bottom holding things together was flaky and crisp - delicious! The pear slice was a good pastry with a very tart pear sliced finely on top. Good overall. Some of their other cakes looked really good and will have to try them over time! Added bonus the service was really friendly and chatty.

BeGaNe Korean Grill - First time here. I will return. It is located in the Korean shopping mall near the corner of North Road and Lougheed highway in Burnaby/Coquitlam. We had a set menu with a total of about 10 courses. They offer 3 levels of set menu. The one we had was about $22/person. Highlights were the jellyfish wasabi salad, the grilled black cod (with that lovely blackened crispy carmelized edge on the skin), chap-jae (a nice version of the dish with extra spinich and mushrooms mixed in), kal-bi (which was perfectly grilled and with excellent marinade), crab in chili sauce (soft shelled crab marinated in that red chili paste common in Korean cuisine), okra in chili sauce, beef brisket soup (tender pieces of brisket and several veggies), and several other yummy dishes.

Cheers!

We booked Gu'u on Robson for my B-day and reserved the upper room for the 16 of us. I absolutely love this place, it is hands down my favourite place to eat out. They have a daily fresh sheet as well as their regular menu items. That night we we're ordering complete pages of menu's at a time, along with ample amounts of beer and Sake. We ate and ate. Items ranged from braised Halibut Cheek, Jellyfish salad, Salmon, Tuna, a really interesting pumpkin dish with an egg inside, Deep fried Prawns, Broiled Calamari, an interesting chewy rice dish. I can't remember it all because all the mixing with the Sake made things fuzzy. While the party forged on after Gu'u, and it did involve food and A LOT of drinking, I think I should end this description here.... :laugh:

Lunch a few days later at YaoHan center in the food court on Richmond. Strawberry Bubble Tea from the Juice King, deep fried smelt, and a plate of BBQ Pork w/ rice. My bride had a tasty noodle soup with shrimp wontons. Overall very satisfying for very little money

Dinner tonight at LA Chicken in Richmond at No. 5 road and Cambie. This is some damn good fried chicken! We tried a mix of their regular and spicy chicken. It was an excellent combination of crispiness and juiciness. Our tastes leaned more towards the spicy. So good I bought a box of 12 pieces to take home after we we're done eating.

We booked Gu'u on Robson for my B-day and reserved the upper room for the 16 of us.  I absolutely love this place, it is hands down my favourite place to eat out.  They have a daily fresh sheet as well as their regular menu items.  That night we we're ordering complete pages of menu's at a time, along with ample amounts of beer and Sake.  We ate and ate.  Items ranged from braised Halibut Cheek, Jellyfish salad, Salmon, Tuna, a really interesting pumpkin dish with an egg inside, Deep fried Prawns, Broiled Calamari, an interesting chewy rice dish.  I can't remember it all because all the mixing with the Sake made things fuzzy.  While the party forged on after Gu'u, and it did involve food and A LOT of drinking, I think I should end this description here....  :laugh:

Lunch a few days later at YaoHan center in the food court on Richmond.  Strawberry Bubble Tea from the Juice King, deep fried smelt, and a plate of BBQ Pork w/ rice.  My bride had a tasty noodle soup with shrimp wontons.  Overall very satisfying for very little money

Dinner tonight at LA Chicken in Richmond at No. 5 road and Cambie.  This is some damn good fried chicken!  We tried a mix of their regular and spicy chicken.  It was an excellent combination of crispiness and juiciness.  Our tastes leaned more towards the spicy.  So good I bought a box of 12 pieces to take home after we we're done eating.

Yoy sat down in LA Chicken??

That little curtain that seperates the kitchen (passthru) from the front counter always kinda freaked me out.

As an ex-Richmondite, I can tell ya, some damn fine chix to be had for sure.

John

PS: I lived around 4 & Cambie so I'd go there quite often!

It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Hunter S. Thompson ---- R.I.P. 1939 - 2005

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

--Mark Twain

Monday night was a night out with non-Egullet friends, hence:

Rugby's for duck spring rolls and cheap wine and beer...then when they closed at midnight, we headed across the street to Boston Pizza for the Team Pitcher and wings until 2ish a.m., then to Blenz to sober up. (Finally went to bed at 5am)

Tuesday: coffee at the Elysian Room followed by a plethora of treats at Ganache Patisserie

Wednesday night: delicious dinner at Yuji's that included deep-fried California rolls, the tastiest ankimo pate (monkfish liver), beef tendon hot pot, chutoro (medium toro), geoduck, hamachi, SPAM roll (with scrambled eggs--my bf asked Yuji for this, as it wasn't on the menu), grilled pork cheeks with honey pepper, blue cheese anchovy pizza, tempura yam fries :wub: and a smoked salmon roll with cream cheese. Drank sake....but forgot to note the name. It's one of the more popular brands--comes in a black bottle.

Edited by Ling (log)

Did the short ribs at Feenie's for dinner tonight. Damn good, but they came on a bed of seriously undercooked lentils. Unusual slip for a kitchen this good.

Yesterday afternoon I healthily (is that a word?) walked home from school but managed to somehow darken the door of the Heather on the way, even though it certainly does not lie in between my school and home, and as a result somehow ended up consuming several pints of Guinness. Then stopped at Chambar just to remind myself that I don't like it much - very good venison tartare, unusual poutine, undrinkable gassy Belgian beer (Duval - why do I keep ordering it?). Then a quick stop at HSG for the usual ritual abuse and a martini. I understand most people don't go to 3 restaurants in the same night for a solo dinner. Whatever.

Monday night I was working, so ate castoffs from whatever the evening class was cooking- some quite good cream soups guzzled from water jugs in the dish pit (oh, the glamour of it all), plus lamb trim.

Sunday night hit Random Restaurant on Davie. I had cioppino. Not bad at all. This is an intriguing little chef-owned restaurant, low profile but worth checking out.

Sunday morning was the mixed grill at the Tomahawk: 9 pieces of that great bacon, 2 eggs, a burger, shrooms, cheese, onions, potatoes, toast, salad and probably some other stuff I forgot. Even though breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I couldn't finish it.

Hong Kong Dave

O que nao mata engorda.

I understand most people don't go to 3 restaurants in the same night for a solo dinner.  Whatever.

Sunday night hit Random Restaurant on Davie.  I had cioppino.  Not bad at all.  This is an intriguing little chef-owned restaurant, low profile but worth checking out.

Oooh, you go Dave!

I've always been curious about Random. Have read a couple of writeups on it and have always meant to try it out. Was this your first visit?

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

We booked Gu'u on Robson for my B-day and reserved the upper room for the 16 of us.  I absolutely love this place, it is hands down my favourite place to eat out.  They have a daily fresh sheet as well as their regular menu items.  That night we we're ordering complete pages of menu's at a time, along with ample amounts of beer and Sake.  We ate and ate.  Items ranged from braised Halibut Cheek, Jellyfish salad, Salmon, Tuna, a really interesting pumpkin dish with an egg inside, Deep fried Prawns, Broiled Calamari, an interesting chewy rice dish.  I can't remember it all because all the mixing with the Sake made things fuzzy.  While the party forged on after Gu'u, and it did involve food and A LOT of drinking, I think I should end this description here....  :laugh:

Lunch a few days later at YaoHan center in the food court on Richmond.  Strawberry Bubble Tea from the Juice King, deep fried smelt, and a plate of BBQ Pork w/ rice.  My bride had a tasty noodle soup with shrimp wontons.  Overall very satisfying for very little money

Dinner tonight at LA Chicken in Richmond at No. 5 road and Cambie.  This is some damn good fried chicken!  We tried a mix of their regular and spicy chicken.  It was an excellent combination of crispiness and juiciness.  Our tastes leaned more towards the spicy.  So good I bought a box of 12 pieces to take home after we we're done eating.

Yoy sat down in LA Chicken??

That little curtain that seperates the kitchen (passthru) from the front counter always kinda freaked me out.

As an ex-Richmondite, I can tell ya, some damn fine chix to be had for sure.

John

PS: I lived around 4 & Cambie so I'd go there quite often!

It's a long haul back to downtown from Richmond. so we pushed a few of their tiny tables together for the 3 of us and chow'd down. My friend now is in a real dilemma only working about 5 minutes away from there. He's trying to eat well now, but the revelation of LA Chicken and how good it is might put forth to him a formidable obstacle.

Thursday night: delicious dinner at Yuji's that included deep-fried California rolls, the tastiest akimono pate (monkfish liver), beef tendon hot pot, chutoro (medium toro), geoduck, hamachi, SPAM roll (with scrambled eggs--my bf asked Yuji for this, as it wasn't on the menu), grilled pork cheeks with honey pepper, blue cheese anchovy pizza, tempura yam fries  :wub: and a smoked salmon roll with cream cheese. Drank sake....but forgot to note the name. It's one of the more popular brands--comes in a black bottle.

Hey.....I had dinner at Yuji's last night (Wednesday). Which is what I guess you mean - as Thursday night is not here yet. (Oh and Yasue and Tomo mentioned you were coming in later.) :wink: Our two favourites last night were the tender beef tounge in ponzu sauce - the tounge was so tender (It had similar texture to flank, and the ponzu added a nice citrus overtone), and the thin salt-grilled beef tounge (which was covered in green onions and sesame seeds, was nicely grilled to the point of just starting to carmelize on the edges - really similar preparation to how many a Korean BBQ grills tounge). We also had those yam fries again. That "tartar" sauce they make for it is really delicious and pairs well with the crispy outside layer on the fries. Overall a very nice meal. We will be back.

The night before tried House of Salisse, and reported on it in the Ethiopian thread. Yum!!!! I'm happy. :smile:

Cheers!

I wanted to order the beef tongue with the ponzu sauce, but Albert's dad doesn't like to eat tongue. Next time I will.... :smile:

Just tell him it is beef.  :wink:

Well, technically it is beef. :wink:

I wouldn't eat it either until a girlfriend urged me to try it robata style at Takumi. Absolutely delicious.

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Last three restaurants:

Thursday, Dining Out for Life: Hamilton Street Grill. The Punk Rock Boy™ joined me to support a good cause. We started out with a bottle of Summerhill Cipes Brut at home, then made our way the two arduous blocks down the street to HSG. We had a cocktail (Frozen Hound for me, yum! and Red Bull and Vodka for him--I introduced him to Red Bull earlier this week: when you pass age 35, it's a useful beverage for times you don't get your 8 required hours), and then I picked out a nice Burrowing Owl 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon (which has since sold out, sadly) which Steve decanted for us...yummilicious, really, I keep thinking back to that wine, very good. We shared a crabcake for a starter, which was very nice and tasty, and came with a mixed baby green salad. Then we both got the mixed grill so that PRB™ could try the hanger, as that was the only way it was being offered that night. It also came with a petit filet mignon très mignon, tournedos-style with the bacon, mmm, and some garlicky prawns, and mash and nice veggies. For dessert we had (obviously) the Gingerbread Pudding, mmmm. Well, we've all said so much about that. PRB™ liked that, as well, in spite of not really being a cake man. Finished off with a Monte Cristo, wobbled our way back to my place. A pretty good night!! Thanks again, Neil! :smile:

Friday: Ch'i. I had it in my head that this place was at 2nd and Manitoba, so that's where I went, and spent an hour walking around, finally made my way back to Cambie and Broadway and found a giveaway paper that told me exactly where it is: 2nd and NANAIMO. D'oh! Anyways, I got to Ch'i to find my gulleters (the Mooshmouses, Peppermint Tea, HKDave, Ling and dUbVaDeR and their friend whose name I didn't catch, and Jeffy Boy and Lemon Curd) already in place at this huge table, neat! and had to take off my Fluevogs and display my so-chic tennis socks...:hmmm: I was several drinks behind, but manfully (so to speak) attempted to catch up: started with a Citrus Crush, quite delicious. We ordered, and I got crab cakes and BC mussels in lemongrass and coconut broth, and a matcha saketumi martini, which was a shock of un-sweet after the previous drink, but a very nice thing nonetheless. My crab cakes were quite good, served nice and hot. My mussels, when they made their way out (they were very busy, and the plates seemed to arrive in no particular order as ready--which is fine), were...OK, I was enjoying them until I saw the three closed ones in the bottom of the bowl, which just didn't impress me very much. But hey. Joie let me have a bit of her coconut flan or crème caramel or whatever they called it; that was divine!! and I had a delicious praline martini drink while we waited to get everyone's last dishes ordered and checks done and whatnot; I heard the defining Vancouver eGullet phrase last night: the server came and asked HKDave, who was next to me, if he wanted anything else, another martini? and he said

"No thanks, we have to feed Lorna."

:laugh:

I was pretty hungry myself, I have to say. I got a dream in my head of the Shiru-Bay prawns with sweet chili mayonnaise, and was ready to polish off a few orders of that and then wander to HSG, but Joie called up Shiru-Bay and they couldn't take us for 45 minutes minimum, and Lorna was getting cranky :laugh: so we descended upon Neil at HSG and had various things: I had an Absolute Crime, some yam fries (good lord, they're good) and an order of cheesecake with sour cherry sauce (my first non-Gingerbread dessert!!) and it was very good, and most importantly in the context of last night, filling! Ch'i was all quite nice, very pretty room, interesting menu, great great drinks, but I'm not used to paying $50 for dinner and still being stomach-growlingly hungry, really...mind you, there were three martinis on that bill :laugh: The PRB™ lives in that neighbourhood, I think, so I think we may try Ch'i another night, certainly I want to keep working through the drinks menu!

But I feel like a failure, needing only two restaurants to eat dinner! :laugh:

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

All yesterday:

Zanzibar for lunch with Arne and Joie, later joined by Joie's husband (who dutifully ate her leftovers, as all husbands should :wink: ) and Angela (PeppermintTea). I had the chicken bastela and the seafood bastela, and we shared the Morrocan flatbreads--one spinach, one red pepper, and one almond and honey. The spinach was my favourite. The chicken bastela was, for me, the best thing we sampled--ground chicken and almonds encased in crunchy phyllo, dusted with icing sugar and cinnamon.

We then walked up the street to Prado and I had my usual Americano and shared a nice peanut butter cookie with Joie. It was good, but I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have their ginger cardamon cookie that PeppermintTea so highly recommended.

Ch'i: We got there around 7pm-ish and shared the handmade roti with curry sauce, the duck, enoki, and shiitake spring rolls, the tempura oysters, and my bf also had the laksa. (I foolishly didn't order any more food because I thought I would be full, having eaten dinner already before going to Ch'i). I drank the Echelon Pinot Noir and the Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais. My bf had the lychee mojito and a few other cocktails. Before we left, the manager gave out roses to the ladies...I thought that was a sweet gesture. Our group decided to hit another spot before going home as we were still hungry (notably, ME! :laugh: ) I was getting crankier by the minute, and so we decided to go to...

The Hamilton Street Grill for yam fries and gingerbread pudding. I inhaled most of the bread from our table before the fries came, and Deborah ("giver of food") generously gave me most of her fries too :laugh: After the gingerbread pudding (and a slice of bread from the basket at the next table), I was full and happy. :biggrin:

Edited by Ling (log)

Too much food this week, but I enjoyed it all.... :rolleyes:

Last three being:

FEENIES: Lunch on Thursday for the Feenie Burger. Huge pattie cooked to meduim, leaving it very moist & flavourful. Nice selection of condiments...good fries.

GOLDEN OCEAN SEAFOOD: Group dinner on Thursday night. Still full after the Feenie burger, but did my best to eat my way through a selection of 12 dishes. Couldn't do it, gave up after about 9, but enjoyed those I tried. Most impressed with the shrimp spring roll appetizers.

HENRY'S KITCHEN: Lunch on Friday, & the place was packed! We arrived at 12:00 pm (with a reservation) , & all the unoccupied tables had "reserved" signs on them. Throughout the time we were there, people without reservations were being turned away at the door, & heard dinner was fully booked as well.

I had a crab cake (1) appetizer as my main...it was very crisp, nice flavour, & served with a small avocado salad. One friend had the vegetarian sandwich on focaccia bread with fries. & said it was lovely. Other friend had cream of broccoli soup, which she thought was very good, & a house salad of mixed baby greens, that she thought could have used a tastier dressing ( although she did admit that her head cold may have had something to do with the lack of flavour.) We had a half litre of white house wine (don't know what it was, didn't see the list), & it was sickly sweet. As we were finishing up the last of our wine, the waitress asked if we'd mind leaving, as they needed the table. The small entrance way was plugged with people waiting for a table, & a line up had formed up outside on the sidewalk.

So, we found ourself out on the street after being in there for an hour, wondering if we should sit out in the car, & finish our visit! :huh:

Can I quickly mention a fourth one a few days ago? RUBINA TANDOORI, for one last visit before they close in April. Every dish was wonderful!

Here are three recent meals on Vancouver Island where my wife and I spent last weekend.

Sooke Harbour House – I have been fortunate to eat here a couple of times in the past month but this time I was lucky enough to share the experience with my wife. This was our first trip back together since our honeymoon (7 years ago) but the food and service as just as good as it was back then. An amazing seven-course dinner was paired with all BC wines. The menu descriptions are a little too long to retype here, but suffice to say, everything was fantastic but our favorite course was the roasted parsnip and sweet onion broth served with a lavender scented manila clam and weathervane scallop dumpling, Russian kale, russet potatoes and baby carrots. Some of the best meals at Sooke Harbour House had to be the breakfasts and picnic lunches – they were simply amazing!

We also had dinner at Markus’ Wharfside Restaurant in Sooke and enjoyed a tasting menu that highlighted the specialties of the evening along with standard menu items. The most amazing dish of the evening was a roasted prawn broth with sautéed BC spot prawns and local scallops. I tried recreating this dish with some success last night but it took 3 hours of roasting and 6 hours of reducing to get the intense flavor – a very time-consuming dish but well worth it. The other dishes included a roasted lamb loin (which was slightly overcooked), a seared albacore tuna loin (which was totally overcooked) and a great grilled eggplant stuffed with local goat cheese. In all, it was a pretty good dinner and reasonable priced for the quantity of food.

On the way up island, we stopped at the Aerie for lunch and were a little disappointed. While I can appreciate it is the off-season and staff training must occur, we actually had to walk into the back kitchen to find a server to seat us after waiting at the entrance for 10 minutes. When we went to order the young woman who served us actually had to ask us to point to our wine selections in the wine list as she did not know how to pronounce the wines. We ordered a variety of appetizers to share so that we could experience as much of the menu as possible in our alloted timeframe (we wanted to catch the 5:00 pm ferry in Nanaimo). Of the four dishes we ordered, three were prepared with the same brunoise of vegetables and very similar sauces, so while the flavors were good, the lack of ingenuity in the menu design was very evident. For a Relais and Chateaux property and the prices they charge, it was not quite what we were expecting and we are not in any hurry to return.

I have spent a lot of time on the island in the past few weeks and plan to spend more in the coming months. The general food scene on the island is amazing! The number of artisan producers in the Cowichan Valley alone keeps me going back. This last trip I came home with Venison from a local farm, fresh Cowichan Valley chicken and duck eggs, local honey and the famous Venturi Schulz vinegar. I can’t wait to go back again and see what I can find the next time.

This thread has prompted me to sign up as a participating member...

Last three places:

Top Gun in Richmond for dim sum. I like the fact that each person can order his/her own variety of tea and there are some unique dishes. We had some tasty deep fried soft shell crab (which IMO is a great value at $5.95).

White Spot for lunch. Ordered the Monty Mushroom burger as usual - I have to admit I have a weak spot for this burger since childhood.

Blue Water Cafe & Raw Bar for dinner. Started with a selection of oysters (don't remember which types but they were all fresh and tasty). Had the smoked black cod with gnocchi. The fish was moist but a tad too salty for my liking. The gnocchi was very good though. My husband had the Galiano Island Swimming Scallops and the Grilled Yellowfin Tuna. I liked the scallops but the tuna was a bit too cooked for my liking. He liked it just the way it was though. For dessert, we shared the Warm Chocolate Armagnac Truffle Cake and the Pistachio and Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee. Both were delicious but the creme brulee was more memorable. This was our first visit to Blue Water and we really liked the atmostsphere. Although the food was solid but not mind-blowing, I would go back without hesitation.

So many restaurants to try, so little time...