• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Facundo bacardi

CjBohl

had to add a few letters to my username Cj to CjBohl.

I just got a rum from Bacardi called Facundo named after the founding father of Bacardi.  I have been trying to find more about this with no luck even on the bacardi web site.

The bottle is a straight normal almost clear bottle, rum is slightly more pale then Bacardi 8 with a picture of Don Facundo on the front.

On the back it makes mention of this rum being best enjoyed straight or with ice. Anyone had this or can give me more info on this? Have not tried it yet but expect it to be kinda like bacardi 8 with luck.

no....totell the trust I don't know much about bacardi. I only ever get  the 8 for sipping and the white for mixing with coke or fruit juice, I use all my other for the fancier drink. But I tend to say away from it. No real reason.

A friend is coming over this evening (I guess I should do the dishes) I'll offer him a Hoyo churchill or a San Cristobal la punta. He own a couple cigar store so no use trying to impress him.

cj

hey bolivar I have a book on rum this is what it said about

Bacardi anej---

"40%, 6 year old blend of golden rum. Clean, bright and well balanced with light body. Some spiciness with citrus and oak."