• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet Outing at Corduroy

mdt

I really want to do this one. Screw my 15 hour days working for unnamed political clients - I want to blow off work and go to Corduroy.

Edited to add - Now that I think about it, maybe I should keep working to keep my paycheck so I can afford to go out to eat.

Edited by bilrus (log)

Bill Russell

Hello everyone,

I have been in touch with Chef Power and the best dates for the dinner are either Tuesday October 19th or Wednesday October 20th, time to be determined later. We are going to let the majority here decide on which date works better so let me know where you stand (the sooner the better).

We have not yet discussed specifics on the menu so more details will follow. The only certainty is that there will be wine pairing available with the meal.

EDIT: Chef Power has let me know that Sunday October 17th and Monday October 18th can be added to the voting.

Edited by mdt (log)
Wearing jeans to the best restaurants in town.

Tuesday October 19th or Wednesday October 20th,

We have not yet discussed specifics on the menu so more details will follow.  The only certainty is that there will be wine pairing available with the meal.

I can likely make either night. Can't wait to see the menu.

Early in week as opposed to weekend (not 17th) is better for me. It's too easy to bail on a Saturday or Sunday...

I try not schedule anything in advance on weekends

(that's how damn flighty I am).

I work down the street from 12th and K, so I'm sentenced to the neighborhood on those days.

2. That is my birthday weekend

Woohoo! Mine too! I'm still going, however, because...when do I ever do anything for my birthday. :hmmm:

Still sounds good, but I need to finalize when I'm going back to CT for a long weekend. I don't think it's that weekend, but need to be sure.

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

I'm pretty flexible on dates -- it'll be the menu that determines participation.

I spoke with Chef Power today and he is looking forward to hosting us for this event. We hope to have the menu available for posting sometime next week. The menu will feature dishes along the lines of what is currently available at the restaurant. There will be an optional wine paring matched to the courses. (BTW the menu on the website is out of date.)

Keep those votes on dates coming in!

Wearing jeans to the best restaurants in town.

any given day is ok for me , but I like weekends better , sunday sounds great ,

well Im in anyway so doesnt matter , very tired to make a decision right now :blush:

Corduroy

General Manager

1122 Ninth Street, NW

Washington DC 20001

www.corduroydc.com

202 589 0699