• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet Outing at Corduroy

mdt

...at Corduroy!

I have been in contact with Chef Tom Power and he is excited about doing an eGDC dinner at Corduroy. I am initially thinking that this would take place somewhere around the third week of October. So before we can nail down a date or even think about a menu we need to get an idea of how many people would be interested, PM me or post here...

We had a bunch of new faces and a great time earlier this month at CK so lets see if we can get a bunch more first timers to this event.

Stay tuned for more info....

Wearing jeans to the best restaurants in town.

I'm in. Not quite sure about Mrs JPW or Peanut. Or maybe I'll stay at home with Peanut and send Mrs JPW. Or we'll both stay at home and send Peanut.

In any case, interest is high in my household.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

[sticker-shock warning:  Corduroy is always a good value, but this is going to be a step up in price from the norm.]

But Don, I thought you were subsidizing this adventure,

you know as a business write-off.

:laugh:

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

depending on date and price and my mid term schedule I am in

my organizational experience, either directly or indirectly, is yours for the asking

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

Yeah, I just remembered I'm going home right around Columbus Day, for the Celebration Of The Dozen or So October Birthdays of the Shogun family (Ahem, mine included). Barring that, I'm still in!

-- C.S.

Why yes, we DO have pretty cold winters in CT. Why do you ask?

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

i would love to be included +1 (no not that way; its the mother...) depending on the weekend of course...

there is no love sincerer than the love of food

- george bernard shaw

i feel like love is in the kitchen with a culinary eye, think she's making something special and i'm smart enough to try

- interpol