• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

José Andrés

monkey2000

Has anyone seen the October issue of Bon Appetit? DC's own Jose Andres was named Chef of the Year. Previous winners include Thomas Keller, certainly not bad company to keep. It seems to me that this recognition is a great thing, not just for Jose, but for DC restaurants as well.

"Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam; spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam. "

haven't seen it but this will make me look out for it. I have yet to go to Zaytinya, but have been to Cafe Atlantico (regular and mini bar) and Jaleo, and Chef Andres is definitely deserving of this award, congrats to him.

Yep -- good to see one of DC's own get his due. And not only in Bon Appetite. Chef Andres also made Chris Wallace's Show on Fox News last Sunday as the "power player of the week" because of his cheffing and because of his work with DC Central Kitchen. Well deserved Kudos.

Oh, J[esus]. You may be omnipotent, but you are SO naive!

- From the South Park Mexican Starring Frog from South Sri Lanka episode

because of his work with DC Central Kitchen.  Well deserved Kudos.

I'm glad you mentioned the work José Andrés puts in with DC Central Kitchen - a lot of people know him as a chef, but not many people realize he has worked with this organization for over a decade, and became Chairman of the Board this year.

Here's a link to DC Central Kitchen's website, and here's a recent Washington Post article about the chef's work with them.

"Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam; spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam. "