• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wtn. Borgo Salentino 1999

Coop

Borgo Salcetino 1999 Chianti Classico

Deep red more like a Brunello or Rosso. Meaty and the aroma of the lees. Very serious nose. Slight plumand tobacco, quite closed. Drying finish. 10 seconds + If I was served this blind I would geuss that it was a riserva or one of the more serious sangiovese wines like Rosso or Brunello di Montalcino. Very serious sangiovese. Coop Rating 83 out of 92.5. Or on the sliding Maple Ridge scale 3 mullets out of 4.

I keep editing this as I sip at it.

Edited by Coop (log)

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

Your first WTN?! I'd assumed that you had posted notes before given the interest and participation you've shown in the forum. Thanks for posting the note. Data points are always helpful.

And the mullet rating scale is a new one. And perhaps the wine fits the mullet slogan -- business in front, party in the back.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero

No I have never posted a tasting note. I think I may start. I am just worried that it's like talking about your last round of golf. No one really wants to hear about the putt you lipped out for birdie. I have to rate my first WTN 2 mullets though I mis-spelled Salcetino in the title.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/