• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

News: Cosentino Producing Too Much Wine

Carolyn Tillie

In advance, I ask you to please pardon my sarcasm.

Oh, my! God forbid someone make wine, at a winery, in Napa! My god, they'll be sacrificing goats by the hundreds, next! Seriously, the folks living in Napa lucked out and the industry that developed turned out to be viniculture, and not hog farming. Rather than celebrating their good fortune of having wineries paying mucho taxes with minimal pollution, and a landscape made for coffee table books, they constantly try to restrict the very industry that makes the valley what it is. Grrr.

Walt

Walt Nissen -- Livermore, CA

Why would a use permit set a limit on a winery's production? Is there a water consumption issue involved? Truck traffic? What's the deal?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown