• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seeking authentic Korean & Vietnamese Restaurants

Industrychick

For Korean try Han Sun Oak. It's out on Columbia Pike. It's my favorite. The waitresses and hostess are usually accomodating but if you are not Korean you might wind up getting the "You will not like it!" treatment even when ordering something simple like buckwheat noodles.

Someone else mentioned the food court at Lotte. The Homestyle Noodle place makes a good & inexpensive bowl of soup. I usually get a Doenjang Chige (it's fermented bean paste seafood stew, sorry for the spelling) or a bowl of Seollungtang (beef bone soup).

Barry

Edited by barry72 (log)

• 4 weeks later...

For me, the best overall Korean BBQ place is Woomi Garden in Wheaton. Woo Lae Oak was a close second in Pentagon City but is or has closed and relocated to Tysons Corner and become more chichified i think like the one in soho new york. Another solid place is Sam Woo in Rockville.