• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Slacker Lacquer -- Freeman's

beans

This article made me giggle, but just a wee bit quietly. Sort of a knowing smirk. Which is why I'm posting it. Aside from the amusing, fun pokes, here's some of the "meat" of the column:

They [those who were formerly slackers] have their own drinks scene, too. They like classic cocktails like martinis, but also undervalued classics like the Aqueduct, a 19th-century cocktail, and more obscure recent inventions like the Cat's Eye, which Freeman's serves.

The full William Hamilton's NYTimes column can be viewed here. He is good at observing and noting the surrounding crowds in his columns. Yum a caper berry would be lovely.

The cocktail recipe provided in this biweekly edition:

The Cat's Eye

1 1/2 ounces Pisco

1 ounce of both orange juice and passion fruit puree

an orange twist

Combine in an ice filled cocktail shaker; shake, chill and strain into a pre-chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with orange twist.

Cheers!

edit: There's some dust bunnies under my b, n and m keys darn it!!!

Edited by beans (log)