• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Nebbiolo outside the Langhe region

Caro Andrea!

Thank you for sharing your time and attention with eGullet.

Nebbiolo ist my favourite red grape variety and without any doubt it reaches it's most splendid expression with the wines from the Langhe region.

With regard to your profound knowledge and understanding of this variety, what wines, producers or wine styles from outside the Langhe (Ghemme, Valtellino, ... for example) did impress you?

Grazie and regards, Boris from Zurigo

Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler.

Hi Boris,

Nebbiolo outside the Langhe region could be sometimes really outstanding(of course, only in certain zones).

One of my favourite is Antoniolo, in Gattinara: try their Osso San Grato 99, really amazing for the minerality and the concentration!

Then, I like also the wines from Sella(always in the North Piemonte),Antichi Vigneti Cantalupo( I've tried their Breclamae 89, Beautiful!), Ioppa.

Best,

Andrea

Andrea Sottimano

Azienda Agricola Sottimano, Barbaresco (Neive)

Andrea!

Thank you so much for your hints. I'll try to sample some of these wines.

And I thank you immensly for all your thougthful responses here. What a pleasure to read through your posts!

Salutoni!

Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler.